Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Skene lights install anyone?

WingVetteStrom

Installed Skene lighting.  Everything hooked up/spliced correctly and brake and turn signals work.  However I want to program out the conspicuity flashing.  I think it's way over the top and distracting to other drivers despite it's intended purpose.

Try as I might, multiple times, have been unable to program the function away.  I'm able to put the unit into programming mode with the four brake taps, but after the seven taps that are supposed to disable this feature it won't go away.  Even tried it with the tech over the phone and no luck.

Any similar experiences?

Latin America Adventure Biker and Goldwinger

Corvette Race Track Junkie.  And oh ya, Medicare recipient.

• 1 month later...
On 10/24/2022 at 6:13 PM, WingVetteStrom said:

Installed Skene lighting.  Everything hooked up/spliced correctly and brake and turn signals work.  However I want to program out the conspicuity flashing.  I think it's way over the top and distracting to other drivers despite it's intended purpose.

Try as I might, multiple times, have been unable to program the function away.  I'm able to put the unit into programming mode with the four brake taps, but after the seven taps that are supposed to disable this feature it won't go away.  Even tried it with the tech over the phone and no luck.

Any similar experiences?

I know this is an old thread.  However, there is a new Skene light controller made for the T7.  It works on all bikes but is really made for bikes that have LED head lights like the T7.  Cyclops, who owns Skene, added the blue wire to the standard IQ-275.  Now the Skene light controller  (IQ-275X) has the ability to use the programming mode on the T7.    They are good in stock.  I have one on my bike and can confirm that the new part is Programmable using the factory high beam switch.  

skene.jpg

Edited by Redneckj
  • Like 1

Thanks.  I live near Cyclops so I went there. Turns out that the unit was bad.  They gave me a new one and I spliced it in. 

• Like 1

Latin America Adventure Biker and Goldwinger

Corvette Race Track Junkie.  And oh ya, Medicare recipient.