Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

MY 2023 details announced

Tenerider

Hey guys,

just saw this on YT:

Screenshot_20221101-141856_YouTube.jpg.46cc0724c9e9388573ed9ca9062bd903.jpg

Only thing I like is the ABS upgrade - I guess it can not be retrofitted to our bikes though.

I really don't care about the TFT at all, like the old-fashioned one better.

Edit: German website also mentions new front brake lever, USB onboard, and "prepared for quickshifter".

Edited by Tenerider
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

This is for the Europe release.  A sweet 5” TFT, smart phone connectivity, and 3 ABS modes.

The US standard Tenere is starting to ship to dealers in the US, but still has the old crappy LCD and simple on-off ABS. 🤷‍♂️

At least from what I’m seeing.

3F8AAE37-E521-4A03-9766-65B80D3BE0F9.jpeg

CB040701-4252-4930-B3AE-7F04C4386F25.jpeg

1EAE118F-C9D5-4916-9913-83716A665EE4.jpeg

Edited by elee9956
  • Like 1

• Moderators

@elee9956 Welcome to the forum and thanks for the info. BTW, some of us like that " crappy"  LCD and on/ off ABS. 😉

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

I think these posts are comical. People wanted a no frills, simple bike, with out all the electronic crap and the bike has sold like hot cakes. Then some complain when the bikes don't start getting more complicated and having more junk added to them.

• Like 5

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

"....when connected......text messages and incoming calls are displayed on the screen...". Personally, I'd rather be looking at the road,  particularly at the car/van/lorry/bus which might just be braking in front of me. I'm happy with the simple dash - it already shows me all I need, plus some stuff I don't. Over crowded and over complex TFT screen may be fashionable, but.....

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tigerjohn said:

"....when connected......text messages and incoming calls are displayed on the screen...". Personally, I'd rather be looking at the road,  particularly at the car/van/lorry/bus which might just be braking in front of me. I'm happy with the simple dash - it already shows me all I need, plus some stuff I don't. Over crowded and over complex TFT screen may be fashionable, but.....

No they don’t, all you get is a animated symbol on the dash for a few seconds and then a number (1) to show you have had a message or call. You cannot see who is calling or the text message to read, you have to look at your phone to read or make a call. Tbh its a gimmick thats not really of any use. The new dash is not complicated or overcrowded, its just nicer to look at and easy to read and you get a choice of 3 screens. Same sort of info as the old screen, just nicer to view. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Alf Meister said:

No they don’t, all you get is a animated symbol on the dash for a few seconds and then a number (1) to show you have had a message or call. You cannot see who is calling or the text message to read, you have to look at your phone to read or make a call. Tbh its a gimmick thats not really of any use. The new dash is not complicated or overcrowded, its just nicer to look at and easy to read and you get a choice of 3 screens. Same sort of info as the old screen, just nicer to view. 

Good to know. Nevertheless, being from the 80ies I am a digital watch boy - I guess that's why I prefer the old LCD.

But I'd really like to have the new ABS mode.

• Like 1