Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Back again on my second tenere

razz007

Hello everyone , I sold my first tenere far to quickly , so have traded in my gen 3 MT09 and on Saturday pick up a blue tenere 700 , standard version , Yamaha engine bars , tail tidy and black widow can . This one will be my winter commute bike with some weekend off roading too .  

BAF2BADA-7142-4241-9F92-53850175C20C.jpeg

• Like 1

I done the very same thing..bought a 2021 rally lovely blue colour ran it foo r 1500 miles then sold it to a dealer...wind buffering being my excuse plus reducing my fleet to two bikes....then mid summer took a test drive on the world raid...forgot just how nice the motor was...came across a blue 2021  t7 on a return journey from Wales..bezarly I hated the blue on black colour decided to view and see what my gut reaction would be...the brain is funny thing because this time I couldn't imagine a nicer colour...so bought it and again have ran it for 800 buffet free miles  using a non peeked helmet.....love it😁

Edited by franko
  • Like 3

I had a black one this time last year , but due to moving house , I never had time for it , I was riding it 6 days a week though . So went back to the gen 3 09 . Now it’s winter and I’m still riding 6 days a week , I thought I’d give the tenere another go . The blue is awesome . If it doesn’t work for me , then I’ll change after winter . BUT , yesterday , the first day , was excellent , I’ll be fitting Michelin Anakee wilds I recon , they read good and I am on tarmac 6 days with mud diverts when time allows , lots of sideway arse movement yesterday on the scorpions . Love it 2167B6B1-E419-4C96-9D18-57A1112C7CD2.jpeg.f18416b87749e0b2d74923e4218564b4.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve been drooling over a 22 MT09 sitting at my local dealer. Brain storming the budget but with the holidays and a new T7 in September it’s just out of reach…

The T7 CP2 combo when uncorked is a real hoot, but I do miss the 50-120mph blast out of the corner and down the straight from the liter bike days. 

The T7 is the best jack of all trades cycle by a wide margin, mines a keeper. Only thing that bothers about mine is the giant Tenere across the tank and faring, love the blue hate the F^*@#%^! sticker. And the damn clear coat over the sticker on tank. 

Still saving up for the 70 degree, blue sky, no wind day to enjoy a proper sport bike. 

• Like 2

I got the tenere for winter playing , commuting too . I have on order a cyan storm MT09 , I have owned 3 already . 2 x black n one blue . They are a great big , but all 3 broke down when wet , one had faulty throttle bodies from Yamaha. 

7BA4DFFD-243B-4124-88C8-4C2DE926C103.jpeg

7A60C3FB-B8F1-48BB-941D-EBE8C282574A.jpeg

The blue one had the faulty bits , not fun in middle of winter and it wouldn’t shut down , quite a few sketchy roundabouts had 😂 tic over around 4K on most days , Yamaha tech on video phone dealer was amusing , the dealer stripped the bike to the bare bones , they got there in the end  

• 3 months later...

Interesting old thread.  I looked on bikesales.au and there are 30 T7 for sale, in comparison to 6 BMW F 850 GS, both being released over roughly the same period of years.    I wonder how much of this was due to the delay in delivery on the T7, where riders all jumped on the Que for one, thinking it must be their dream bike but having second thoughts after a month or so riding?  

Perhaps they though it would be like a lot of the other the other Adv offerings, sort of beefed up road bikes with knobblish tires?  The T7 is definitely NOT a road bike imo, though it does handle very well onroad.  Would love to poll those sellers as to their reasoning for selling.  From the comments above it looks like a percentage of riders must have sold to transition back to proper street bikes.

• Moderators
7 hours ago, winddown said:

Interesting old thread.  I looked on bikesales.au and there are 30 T7 for sale, in comparison to 6 BMW F 850 GS, both being released over roughly the same period of years.    I wonder how much of this was due to the delay in delivery on the T7, where riders all jumped on the Que for one, thinking it must be their dream bike but having second thoughts after a month or so riding?  

Perhaps they though it would be like a lot of the other the other Adv offerings, sort of beefed up road bikes with knobblish tires?  The T7 is definitely NOT a road bike imo, though it does handle very well onroad.  Would love to poll those sellers as to their reasoning for selling.  From the comments above it looks like a percentage of riders must have sold to transition back to proper street bikes.

I have to agree with your assessment and figure that will translate into sales for the Transalp being a more street biased model.

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

7 hours ago, AZJW said:

I have to agree with your assessment and figure that will translate into sales for the Transalp being a more street biased model.

I'm involved in various  Amateur hobbies, astronomy, microscopy and few other interests.   It was a trend in 20th century, men and women took a real interest in these complicated and often complex pursuits.  In the  modern age though the number of younger people taking them up has dropped precipitously.  Perhaps that all it is?  Riding gravel roads is tricky stuff and the learning curve puts people off.  Adventure touring for many is simply an 80km ride out to the coffee-shop, you don't need a T7 for that.  But a plush seat and cruse control?  Yeah that would be nice for a ride up the highway.

• Like 1