Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Shorty Levers

thepointchris

On 11/5/2022 at 8:53 PM, thepointchris said:

Anyone have experience of these?

I know of all the others, I'm just interested in these: 

I have them. They are better than stock for sure. But not glorious.  They feel chunky.  Quality is good. 

• Like 1

Update on MZS - having read a slew of WARNINGS and poor Reviews ( even the dispute between big A and MZS), I will just pass.

The content about MZS warnings and Amazon dispute led me to go back and research myself. 

My conclusion is that there are a fair number of cases where people have installed aftermarket levers (including high end ones) and then had the front brakes bind or lock up.

The net is that if you are going to modify a vehicle, it is your responsibility to have adequate knowledge and spend the time to insure you do not create a safety issue. If you cannot do that, you should leave your vehicle stock or have someone with the appropriate skills perform the work. 

And if you screw up, look in the mirror first before you blame somebody else! 

I'll be leaving my MZS levers on the T7.

• 3 months later...

Bump - WOMET Shorty Levers - anyone experienced with these? Looking to pick them up from a US distributor:

20_3_71a93c82-e417-408a-899c-54b65a89b7d

Womet-Tech EVO Shorty Lever Set for Yamaha MT-07/FZ-07/FZ6/FZ6R/FZ8/FZ-09/MT-09/FJ-09/MT-09 Tracer,/XSR700/XSR900/Tenere 700 Womet-Tech Evo Shorty Lever Kit for the Yamaha FZ...

My experience with shorty levers has had me go back to stock. For whatever reason, the already heavy clutch, just becomes heavier. Pretty sure it has everything to do with angle and leverage.

Meet BigBlu - 2022 Tenere 700 | Yamaha OEM chain guide | Yamaha OEM crash guard | Givi Rear luggage rack | Givi BN42 top box | Black Widow 300mm Hexagonal exhaust | Acerbis High Fender | Windscreen risers | ProTaper Evo low handlebar | Oxford Integrated heated grips | Upshift Retro Speedblock Blue graphic kit | QuadLock wireless charger | BarkBuster Storm Handguards | Mitas E07+ rear tyre | Shinko E804 front tyre | MotoMount Radar screamer & LED visual alert | Custom half tail tidy kit |

10 minutes ago, motonap said:

My experience with shorty levers has had me go back to stock. For whatever reason, the already heavy clutch, just becomes heavier. Pretty sure it has everything to do with angle and leverage.

thanks motonap - I'm already decided on shorties, I was looking for feedback on this actual model, not the Like/notLike thing. 

Cheers

• Like 1

Just installed the MZS, but winter here so no in-use feedback. Quality is good as is fit. No binding. Bore holes tight. Lever width great with no need for washers (although they are supplied). Seem to work well. Got shorty to give space for the CRG mirror mounted on inside of guard. Wanted CRG levers but would have had to sell a kidney. Have Camel clutch arm so pull stays easy.

Edited by Fzrcraig

5 hours ago, thepointchris said:

Bump - WOMET Shorty Levers - anyone experienced with these? Looking to pick them up from a US distributor:20_3_71a93c82-e417-408a-899c-54b65a89b7d

I've bought several sets of lower end levers this past year and have not been disappointed in the quality, actually pleasantly surprised.    I'd say if those suit your fancy buy them.  They are made in Poland and do look good.

For my T7 I got these linked below. $40 adjustable length and hinged.  The quality perfectly matched the factory cable system.  I don't think I'd put them on my Ducati but are very acceptable to me on the Japanize bike. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B35SVRWR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

I've had MZS levers on my T7 for over 6 months and am quite happy with them. 

MZS Black Motorcycle Brake Clutch Levers Short Adjustable CNC  https://a.co/d/05GUCgy

Edited by Hollybrook