Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Auxiliary Power 3 Pin Connector?

fgarsombke

I'm looking to run power to an Android Auto unit from the front cross bar (black and red wire). I'd like to use the 3 pin auxiliary power connector but can't seem to find the correct part. I ordered the connector below but it doesn't fit due to white plastic piece between the pins. Also attached picture of my 2022 T7 3 pin connector. 

s-l400.jpg

2021 Yamaha Tenere 700 XTZ07. Upgraded Power Outlet SPLITTER Plug. 2020 Yamaha XSR900 --. 2019 Yamaha XSR900 --. 2018 Yamaha...

Thanks! 

20221105_174916.jpg

19 minutes ago, fgarsombke said:

I'm looking to run power to an Android Auto unit from the front cross bar (black and red wire). I'd like to use the 3 pin auxiliary power connector but can't seem to find the correct part. I ordered the connector below but it doesn't fit due to white plastic piece between the pins. Also attached picture of my 2022 T7 3 pin connector. 

s-l400.jpg

2021 Yamaha Tenere 700 XTZ07. Upgraded Power Outlet SPLITTER Plug. 2020 Yamaha XSR900 --. 2019 Yamaha XSR900 --. 2018 Yamaha...

Thanks! 

20221105_174916.jpg

Switched power connectors.

3-pin is fused at 10 amps. Spare connector each side, one for grips the other for driving lights. Can use for heated gear. 

2-pin is fused at 2-amps. Left connector is to the cigarette socket. Right side is useful for GPS or phone chargers.

You can buy connectors and splitter cables at Eastern Beaver 

Another option is Cycle Terminal 

We have Vintage and modern Sport-bike Motorcycle Wiring Harness electrical Connectors, These connectors are purchase directly from the manufacturer, And in many cases the OEM Supplier, The terminals and...

• Thanks 1

We have this info somewhere here on the board... but I can't remember where.

5 hours ago, fgarsombke said:

s-l400.jpg

Thanks! 

20221105_174916.jpg

Your picture is of the protective cap that goes over the stock connector. 

You need to remove the protective cap first and then plug into the actual connector.

There is 1 or 2 little tabs you need to depress and then pull the cap off.

Edited by williestreet

First 2 parts are from china and 3rd one is pretty much identical but oem protective cap.  So there should be only 1st connector on your bike. looks like you took the rubber out where wires are supposed to go in.

16677379739158591206927897944389.jpg

OK, got the splitter on. Just needed to remove the connector from the OEM part. Pictures attached of new splitter. 

I also could have just put the two wires into the three pin as another poster mentioned but I do want two accessories on this. 

My first T7 wiring rodeo. 

Thanks everyone! 

20221106_084000.jpg

20221106_084110.jpg

• Like 1