Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Love my T7, but......

TexasT700

Compulsive shopper, rarely keep a bike 2 years like I have with this T7. Ready for new bike, Would like a 2023 Tech Kamo T7. However, not sure I can find patience to wait forever for Yamaha to build one, when there are plenty of bikes available NOW. Maybe even a litely used one.

Owned a Tiger Rally Pro, sold it due to heat on knees and unfixable pogo front end. Owned couple Africa Twins, sold to go with lighter T7. Owned a KTM 790 adventure, sold cuz it was a bit of a hooligan bike for old me!

What should I do?🤓

Have watched lots of reviews, Ducati DesertX, Aprilia Toureg 660, Motoguzzi, etc. Prefer going with mainstream so don't have to drive 100 or 200 miles to dealer.

Thinking Africa Twin, non Adv Sports version, or maybe reconsider KTM 890 Adventure.

What would entice you to give up ur Tenere 700?

I may have to just wait for 2023 T7....

I’ve owned my T7 for 28 months and ready for a different bike also……haven’t decided which bike I want though.  I am interested in the rumored Tenere 900 triple if it actually shows up in the near future.  Until the, I will be keeping my 2021 Super Tenere👍

I will be keeping my T7 indefinitely. I still have the FJ600 that I bought in 1986...

• Like 3

I have the same wife from 1985…..who does not object to different motorcycles!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, whisperquiet said:

I have the same wife from 1985…..who does not object to different motorcycles!

She is a keeper!!!!

• Like 1

Buy the Ducati Desert X, but make sure you come back to this forum and tell us what it's like!!

You've had a few bikes, your opinion will be highly regarded.

13 hours ago, TexasT700 said:

Compulsive shopper, rarely keep a bike 2 years like I have with this T7. Ready for new bike, Would like a 2023 Tech Kamo T7. However, not sure I can find patience to wait forever for Yamaha to build one, when there are plenty of bikes available NOW. Maybe even a litely used one.

Owned a Tiger Rally Pro, sold it due to heat on knees and unfixable pogo front end. Owned couple Africa Twins, sold to go with lighter T7. Owned a KTM 790 adventure, sold cuz it was a bit of a hooligan bike for old me!

What should I do?🤓

Have watched lots of reviews, Ducati DesertX, Aprilia Toureg 660, Motoguzzi, etc. Prefer going with mainstream so don't have to drive 100 or 200 miles to dealer.

Thinking Africa Twin, non Adv Sports version, or maybe reconsider KTM 890 Adventure.

What would entice you to give up ur Tenere 700?

I may have to just wait for 2023 T7....

New Honda 750 Transalp launched in Europe today

A new generation of high-performance, mid-size twin-cylinder adventure motorcycle featuring full-blooded power, on-road touring comfort for two and genuine off-road ability.

Edited by JB700

Wow. Thanks for EXCELLENT thots and ideas. Ha, my wife is keeper also, 1989 model, and tolerates me nicely!

Wish I could afford to try DesertX, but it is really pricey. Transalp sounds great. Hope DCT will be option. Big fan of dct. So many choices!

maybe the Norden 901 or Ducati Scrambler desert sled?

anyone else wondering if a Tenere 300 will be out to replace the discontinued WR250R?