Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

ECU dump/bin

random1781

Anybody have a dump of the stock ECU firmware? Hoping to tinker a bit before deciding committing to a ridiculously priced flasher.

• Like 1

advgoats.com

The ECU has a part number on it and there have been more than one so far. My understanding is that there is a difference between the Euro 4 and 5 ECUs and also in different parts of the world. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hollybrook said:

The ECU has a part number on it and there have been more than one so far. My understanding is that there is a difference between the Euro 4 and 5 ECUs and also in different parts of the world. 

I wonder if there are any physical differences or if it's just different firmware...I'd assume the latter is probably the case.

Follow-on question...are these ECU's interchangeable? Seems like they ought to work since there's nothing fancy going on. Maybe different mappings.

advgoats.com

4 minutes ago, Hogan said:

Wiring diagrams show a slightly different pinout between the "XTZ690" and "XTZ690-U" I have no idea what the 'U' means.

The difference is that the wiring to the ignition coils is swapped

But the plug is configurable so you could easily swap them around.

Good catch there...the wiring diagram in the service manual is refreshingly good.

I'm not even sure which model I have! VIN comes back with different results depending on where you search.

advgoats.com

Same with Honda on the 1200 VFR engines.
The numbers are different and it's all in the mapping because the guy who flashed mine used my bike to make the 1200X flash. Back then he had the 1200F figured out and i was the first with the X which has different cams, gearing and off course mapping but the ECU numbers where all criss cross over the different models and years (he made a list with ECU numbers and bikes they came on when he flashed them).
With the Honda the programs where the same so at first he made a back up for all bikes he flashed but after a while he compared them and has now one back-up OEM map for the F and one for the X.
First time i came in he had to get the base OEM map to work with and when i was there we experimented a bit, turned out the gearing limitation is interchangeable but the fuel map off course not but we did try just to see what it does.
I needed all my experience to get around the block because the gas response was all over the place but the map he came up with later on is just great, shame he does only VFR's but the Rapid Bike Evo does it for me on the T7.

Random, I have a stock (FTEC) ECU file for CPU (BEH-8591A-20) it’s a 22 E5. 

Only snag is it’s not on my surfing device it’s on my program device which rarely touches the net, so it will take a few days for my old ass to dig up and transfer the file. 

PM me if your interested.