Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Hi from Leuven, Belgium!

DickWY

Hi all!

Motorbike newbie here! Managed to get my hands on a rally edition '22 T7 from a very friendly dealership in Tienen. Very much looking forward to getting to know the bike better! Currently at about 500kms and it already feels way more comfortable than when I picked it up from the dealership. Would love to go explore some unpaved roads after break-in. Any tips for a newbie when starting with some off-road stuff. Hoping to do some long distance travelling next summer. 

Currently waiting for some mods:

HEED upper crashbars (full is not compatible with rally skidplate)

Barkbusters

Camel ADV anti-bobble head

Phoneholder 2.0

Anything that I'm missing? Is the OEM headlight protector recommended or should I look for third party? I'm 74-75kg so I'm assuming the springs should be ok? 

Would love to get to know some other Belgian T7 people too!

Pictures coming.

Cheers!

Dick

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DickWY said:

Hi all!

Motorbike newbie here! Managed to get my hands on a rally edition '22 T7 from a very friendly dealership in Tienen. Very much looking forward to getting to know the bike better! Currently at about 500kms and it already feels way more comfortable than when I picked it up from the dealership. Would love to go explore some unpaved roads after break-in. Any tips for a newbie when starting with some off-road stuff. Hoping to do some long distance travelling next summer. 

Currently waiting for some mods:

HEED upper crashbars (full is not compatible with rally skidplate)

Barkbusters

Camel ADV anti-bobble head

Phoneholder 2.0

Anything that I'm missing? Is the OEM headlight protector recommended or should I look for third party? I'm 74-75kg so I'm assuming the springs should be ok? 

Would love to get to know some other Belgian T7 people too!

Pictures coming.

Cheers!

Dick

Welcome to the club Dick!

I think we have some other Belgian riders here, and I live near Cologne, not too far from Vlaanderen.

In Belgium, offroad riding is very restricted as far as I know - but the Netherlands actually have some very nice trails and tracks especially in the South! I can highly recommend the TET NL in Limburg, starting from Drilandenpunt.

If you like, have a look at our "local" T7 club here:

We had started planning a meeting, but I think it will be next year until it happens.

Jan

• Like 1

Nice one, dick. They get better with miles too. Don’t change anything unless it solves an issue for you. Sore arse? Rally +40 seat. Too quiet? Well, pick you’re favourite can. Buffeting? Try different earplugs before buying three more screens😂
👍

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Tenerider said:

Welcome to the club Dick!

I think we have some other Belgian riders here, and I live near Cologne, not too far from Vlaanderen.

In Belgium, offroad riding is very restricted as far as I know - but the Netherlands actually have some very nice trails and tracks especially in the South! I can highly recommend the TET NL in Limburg, starting from Drilandenpunt.

If you like, have a look at our "local" T7 club here:

We had started planning a meeting, but I think it will be next year until it happens.

Jan

Thanks, Jan! I go to Amsterdam quite often and would love to to this great "detour". 

20 hours ago, Dougie said:

Nice one, dick. They get better with miles too. Don’t change anything unless it solves an issue for you. Sore arse? Rally +40 seat. Too quiet? Well, pick you’re favourite can. Buffeting? Try different earplugs before buying three more screens😂
👍

Haha thanks, Dougie! The wind noise is very loud, can't even hear myself sing on the highway! Maybe for the better eh..

Cheers!

IMG_20221113_161808.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, DickWY said:

Thanks, Jan! I go to Amsterdam quite often and would love to to this great "detour". 

Haha thanks, Dougie! The wind noise is very loud, can't even hear myself sing on the highway! Maybe for the better eh..

Cheers!

IMG_20221113_161808.jpg

Regarding wind noise, I think it depends on your size a lot. I'm 187 cm, mostly legs 😂

I got strong buffeting with the OEM wind screen, which totally disappeared when standing. So I got a short Puig sports screen. It looks great and really improved the buffeting (not completely, but let's say 70% less).

The other way would be a taller screen and/or one of those additional wind deflectors. Style-wise, this was not my choice 🙃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1