Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Where does this belong ?

Northern Gazman

8 minutes ago, DuncMan said:

LOL. Every few weeks one of these drops off someone's bike. It goes behind the right hand front side panel. Glue it back in place or replace the double sided tape that Yamaha uses as it's poor quality and doesn't hold.

Thanks so much. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DuncMan said:

LOL. Every few weeks one of these drops off someone's bike. It goes behind the right hand front side panel. Glue it back in place or replace the double sided tape that Yamaha uses as it's poor quality and doesn't hold.

True, their glue is ridiculous.

It's behind the RHS black side panel with the ventilation slots, not the big side panel with the decals.

There are some edges visible to mark the rubber's position on the inner side of said panel.

• Like 2

Get used to seeing posting plagiarism - won't be long before someone else posts the same photo with the same question.   By the way,  what changes have you done to your T7? We all share.

On 11/13/2022 at 5:44 PM, NeilW said:

Get used to seeing posting plagiarism - won't be long before someone else posts the same photo with the same question.   By the way,  what changes have you done to your T7? We all share.

Hello Neil W. Ok my T7 has decat Scorpion pipework with Max Torque end can. Hilltop MC's based at Hinkley UK complete ECU remap, fully recommended . Had three bikes done there over the years and big difference and better fuel economy. Running MT07  gearing . Now cruises at about 70mph at 4.5 k and averages 68 miles per UK gallon. Rear rack and pannier rails by SW motech and Rugged roads cant remember who supplied which. KTS plastic frame blanking caps whatever you call them.. 5 ways motorcycle centre headlight guard. Barkbuster hand guards. Arkon sat nav mount with cheap Digi charge sun visor for sat nav. Rally seat with Cool cover , which greatly increases comfort over long rides. Very Tall and wider Givi screen for winter riding with taller than standard Puig screen for Summer riding as standard no good if over 6ft tall. Also got cheap screen flip on Puig screen and works a treat. Think that's everything . Best mod for me was decat remap and sprockets. The power and torque increase means you don't loose any momentum with taller gearing. Oh and two cheap tower supports for stiffening up front screen and display. And stiffer rear spring . 

@Northern GazmanThat MPG is very impressive. I just went with the extra tooth up front- gained 5-6 MPG. If you are curious what I have done with mine and also gear ( comms, helmets, Outfits etc) click on this link. Easer to show than type.....

headshot.jpg

Neil was 12 when he got his first Yamaha 80, and 56 years later enjoys touring on his Yamaha Royal Star Venture. There were a few breaks for college and raising a family, but motorcycling has always been a passion. He...

Will check that out later. Noticed with my own experience and friends bikes that remapped bikes as well as torque and power increase give roughly about a ten percent increase in mpg. Tried one tooth up on the front and still found 1st n second gear a bit low ,so think it was 2 less on the back and you notice the torque more and it feels a much better ride. Was a good bike as standard before but excellent bike now. 

• Like 1