Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Help need stock front tire.!?

Josh_

Hey guys,

I've got 4,000 miles on my 2022 Tenere 700 and the tires need changed. I want to replace them with the same pirelli scorpion rally str's that came stock on the bike.  I found the rear tire but I can't find the front tire.  It probably sounds ridiculous but not being able to find the matching front tire is giving me some bad anxiety, I'm literally loosing sleep over it.  Those pirellis are perfect for me and how I use the bike.  At RevZilla it says they're out of stock and won't be available anymore.  Are they discontinuing the pirelli scorpion rally str's?  It's seem like they're extremely popular and I can't see them doing that but what do I know.

Does anyone know where I can order the pirelli scorpion rally str 90/90-21?

Fingers crossed, thanks guys!Screenshot_20221113-221133.png.4ae3d77b3193923ab40b18a0e5768136.png

Why so focussed on this one?

There are lots of options and i bet even better.

If you never try something new you'll never find something better.

Look to what's going on in the world, a discontinued tyre should be the last ti loose sleep over.

• Like 2

I agree with Ray, but if you like the STR's, everything is fine!

I don't believe they are discontinued.

When you did 4k miles, I think you might not need a new front yet. Mine (6800 or so) almost look like new on the front, while the back definitely shows wear.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hogan said:

They aren't discontinued.

Shirley you can just Google another company that will sell you tyres.

I'm In Australia so If I google it, I just get Australian sellers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

8 hours ago, Ray Ride4life said:

Why so focussed on this one?

There are lots of options and i bet even better.

If you never try something new you'll never find something better.

Look to what's going on in the world, a discontinued tyre should be the last ti loose sleep over.

I'm starting a new job on 11/17 and the commute is treacherous. I trust these tires and just don't have the time to try a different one.

8 hours ago, Tenerider said:

I agree with Ray, but if you like the STR's, everything is fine!

I don't believe they are discontinued.

When you did 4k miles, I think you might not need a new front yet. Mine (6800 or so) almost look like new on the front, while the back definitely shows wear.

Yep my front in ok shape but it's definitely worn and it wouldn't hurt to replace it. 

7 hours ago, Hogan said:

They aren't discontinued.

Shirley you can just Google another company that will sell you tyres.

I'm In Australia so If I google it, I just get Australian sellers.

I spent a lot of time on Google trying to find one in the US with no luck. I finally found them on eBay in Australia and ordered one.  

6 hours ago, Rider 101 said:

Thanks for the link but it was unsuccessful. It takes me to an Amazon page where they are out of stock.

2 hours ago, Hibobb said:

😆😭💀

1 hour ago, whisperquiet said:

Hi thanks for the link!

I already ordered one from eBay Australia but I want to get this tire also. Do you know what the "A spec" option is on the tire size when ordering?  

Screenshot_20221114-065809.png

Edited by Josh_

2 hours ago, whisperquiet said:

Thanks for the link!!

I ordered it and got a really good deal, much cheaper then I got the other one from Australia 😆

I've got two front tire on the way now so I should be good for at least 8000 miles that will give me enough time to build a stock pile of the str's or find a new tire.

Thanks for all the replies guys, I really appreciate you.

• Like 1

• "A" spec front tires feature a 2-ply, reinforced carcass for heavy-duty sport-touring models.
  • Like 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~