Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Crash bar (s), upper/lower or one piece. and rear

H20ham

I suppose with a two part front. You can just replace a part. Vs the entire unit

Like the stainless "Touratech" and probably its strength (how do you straighten stainless over the road). Where as the steel you could probably move it enough to a-fix a repair. "

YAMAHA_Tenere_700_BUNKER_0.jpg

Crash bars Bunker style for Yamaha  TENERE 700.

no affiliation 

Seems the SW-MOTECH gets some good reviews

Same for Hepco & Becker

maybe the AS3 PERFORMANCE CRASH BARS GUARDS

Guess its what ya spend your money on that you like.

As far as rear crash bars, is this the only offering?

YAMAHA_Tenere_700_REAR_0.jpg

Rear crash bars for Yamaha TENERE 700.

again, nope on commercial or any affiliation with anyone or anything. except my family.

Check also Outback Motortek's crash bars: 

Africa-Twin-Drop-Tested-Crash-Bars-Outba

Adventure and dual-sport motorcycle skid plates, crash bars, luggage by Outback Motortek for BMW F800GS, Suzuki Vstrom 650, KLR 650 and Honda Africa Twin 1000

I will be ordering their lower crash bars, when they get their rear rack and other suff ready.

I think the rear crash bars are unnecessary and just extra weight.

• Like 1

"Eternally, unavoidably, eventually, all paths will lead to the cemetery." Sentenced

What do you think, abaut these ones?

I think it´s not easy crash the upper zone of the bike...

So i belive i´m going to buy this ones for 119 €...

kn2145-kappa-moto-paramotore-tubolare-nero-yamaha-tenere_-700.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Totti said:

Adventure and dual-sport motorcycle skid plates, crash bars, luggage by Outback Motortek for BMW F800GS, Suzuki Vstrom 650, KLR 650 and Honda Africa Twin 1000

I will be ordering their lower crash bars, when they get their rear rack and other suff ready.

I have READ there are some people are bending the exhaust inward and scrapping the swing arm after they dropped their bike exhaust side. 

I do not know how well those "rear crash bar" helps, but I might end up getting a side case carrier to double up as a exhaust "crash bar" as well.

Outback seems quite sturdy. Unfortunately it comes with weight...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, TimmyTheHog said:

I have READ there are some people are bending the exhaust inward and scrapping the swing arm after they dropped their bike exhaust side. 

I do not know how well those "rear crash bar" helps, but I might end up getting a side case carrier to double up as a exhaust "crash bar" as well.

Outback seems quite sturdy. Unfortunately it comes with weight...

Any chance of recalling where you read this? I'm mighty curious on what type of crash would cause that amount of damage. If it's just a tip-over might be worthwhile. If it's a freak accident.... Can't prevent everything!

4 minutes ago, WalterT said:

Any chance of recalling where you read this? I'm mighty curious on what type of crash would cause that amount of damage. If it's just a tip-over might be worthwhile. If it's a freak accident.... Can't prevent everything!

Thread from facebook page : Yamaha T7 Tenere 700 World Raid - Global Group

image.png.6489b59f0f8238d8d329b5a7bd850fd3.pngimage.png.a72e09e178f924907cc0e5b511bc3cc9.png

From reading the tread, it seems the bracket is quite flexible.

I am not here to stir the pot, but curious about this for sure...and try to prevent it if possible.

• Like 2

Thanks, very interesting. I may put my bike on its side in Sunday to have a look. Hopefully the pannier rack also provides some protection.

• Like 1

Heed rear crash bars with either the SW Motech or Givi rear racks could be used for top n bottom attachment points for small soft bags or small Pelican or Nanuk hard cases

1. don't have to buy expensive racks for small bags or cases

2. the soft or hard small cases might stick out enough to protect the exhaust

• Like 1

Ied also say. The front crash bars. Which interfere with ones knees and shins. Are a no go.

the debate over two (2) piece, and one (1) piece seems to still be a question please

i am 1.84m. Or 6ft And accustom to Trials Inspired and Trials ridding. 

needles to say, I will opt for the low seat, if and when the bike arrives

come on Yamaha, i know we just got 8’ of snow the last week. But

come on

19 hours ago, Totti said:

What is your height. Do you suspect the knee shin will be in contact with the lower bars?

2 hours ago, H20ham said:

tlumik-owalny-50-cm-ze-stali-nierdzewnej

on page 6

seems to me, for highway use. The oem fart can is fine.

tell us more about the high pipe

3 hours ago, H20ham said:

What is your height. Do you suspect the knee shin will be in contact with the lower bars?

I'm 183 cm, don't know my inseam. Don't think that they contact  my knee shin. But I'll post pictures when I have them. Might take a month of two...

"Eternally, unavoidably, eventually, all paths will lead to the cemetery." Sentenced

Colddog. Pg 6 of the link, shows who posted it. Doesn’t say if its them, their bike. I suspect not.

I am sure this is the main change I will be making, in time. Outside of lots of scuffs, dings, dints, tyre changes. Probably handle bars the first time it falls...

11 hours ago, Colddog said:

tell us more about the high pipe

I didn't drop my bike yet, but I've heard from  mates from my  national  Africa Twin forum who own T7 that the exhaust bracket bends inward in case of heavy fall. Then the exhaust touch to the swing arm. 

https://huzarexhaust.eu/127-yamaha-tenere-700-tlumik-gora

They produce the high pipe. If you look at  pics, you can see  scratched swing arm. 

Edited by slawmir

$200 Canadian is a good deal it seems. 

Shipping from Poland is not. DHL will want $500

Anyone want to share a shipment, I would take one.

Seems like their rear crash bars might be worth it too?

cheers

11078C5D-FBA2-46CD-997A-48AE17D1F33C.jpeg

38 minutes ago, H20ham said:

$200 Canadian is a good deal it seems. 

Shipping from Poland is not. DHL will want $500

Anyone want to share a shipment, I would take one.

Seems like their rear crash bars might be worth it too?

cheers

11078C5D-FBA2-46CD-997A-48AE17D1F33C.jpeg

I don't ride off road but understand this setup might be a better option than a side exhaust but my good this thing is ugly 😂

45 minutes ago, Aleksandar13 said:

I don't ride off road but understand this setup might be a better option than a side exhaust but my good this thing is ugly 😂

I agree.🥴

Sometimes ugly things are more usable.

They have choice of exhausts.

https://huzarexhaust.eu/128-yamaha-tenere-700-tlumik-klasycznie

Not only do they have options. If I dont just build an exhaust. Someone else will develop different ones. I am quite sure the comment about the exhaust hitting the swing is accurate, after a fall.

Not to mention, side carriers.

Wonder why Yamaha though the very outside was the best location. Suppose its the sound, and fitting restrictions for cities around the world

any comments on knees shins hitting front side crash bars?

Hmmm...that is kind of odd looking. But...

Perfect functionality is beautiful. And if this a better functioning exhaust, I could get used to it.

Is anything on the bike getting too hot with muffler right there? Can I keep luggage away from it? This looks promising.