Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

T7 rear light and mudguard.

Markus T700

My bike a 2021 T7 with 20 000km. My rear mudguard are cracked at multiple points and my rear light completely cracked loose and got lost. I do ride very  rough terrain and goes quite fast. I also have problems with stuff breaking of front end. I love the bike but cosmetics don't last, but is still the best technical adventure bike by far.

Rear light cost quoted by Yamaha R9,200 zar.

I cant find a aftermarket rear light for T7 or are there a Yamaha model with a similar light? 

Are there others with same problems? 

• Moderators

@Markus T700Welcome to the forum and sounds like you're getting the most out of the T7's dirt capabilities.   Your question is not a common one posted on this board, but perhaps someone can advise you on other tail/brake light options.

You might post a WTB ad in the T7 parts under Classified in hopes that someone has a wrecked bike or a take off from a dirt only setup.

Please update your thread as to what you find. 

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Howzit Markus,

I wish I had my T700 in South Africa, hope to ride down sometime soon, I grew up there.

Unfortunately the plastic is brittle and have heard of several cases where tabs have broken off the rear cover, usually from toppling over with soft-bags. Maybe Acerbis/Polisport/UFO will offer replacement parts out of the same plastic they make the MX parts out of.

Haven't heard of the rear light falling out, sounds like serious damage, what else all broke. Maybe you can upload a photo or make a list of parts you need.

I had a quick look what a rear light assembly costs in Germany, Yamaha Online Spares € 207 or R 3715 at the current exchange rate. It seems to be a heavy import tax into ZA, ouch.

Hope somebody can sort you out with a second hand part. Cheers, Homer.

• 3 weeks later...

There will only be a VAT charge in SA.  Bike spares are duty free, but the correct SARS code has to be used.  Not sure what that is though.  Any videos to share?