Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Stoltec Moto Single Rotor Kits

Stoltec Moto

• Supporting Vendor

This has been a few months in the making with a few suppliers of ours and we're pleased to announce that these are finally ready for sale after a solid season of testing!  If you're looking for a turn-key solution to get better front brake modulation offroad, reduce front suspension unsprung mass, and (optionally) remove the ABS, read on.

image.jpeg.3d80eb24f2dcc19e586df9b373a2a498.jpeg

We're running introductory pricing between now and the end of the year - at which point we will increase to our planned MSRP.  We have enough kits on hand to satisfy a good bit of orders before the holiday rush and plan to keep stock on hand into the next riding season.  

I know we're firmly in the TL;DR culture, but for those who still like to read, see here for much more detail:  20+ Tenere 700 Single Rotor Conversion | Stoltec Moto

As always, post up and questions you might have...or email us.

• Like 2

961362084_468x60Stoltec.png.007fa8bc922e0e30cea1cde037ff2aa2.png

stoltecmoto.com | 610.252.7232

The Stoltec Moto Build Thread

• Supporting Vendor

I apologize if you cannot see the image in the original post - can't figure out what's going on.  Hopefully one of our mods can help out.  Paging Dr. @Cruizin...

• Moderators

I can't see the picture either.

Update 12/4/22 picture visible. 

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

• 2 weeks later...

@Stoltec MotoDo you also have dealers in Europe? $70 shipping is pretty big percentage of the total product.
And customs will screw me over on top of that.

Edited by Ray Ride4life

• Supporting Vendor
On 12/4/2022 at 2:41 PM, Ray Ride4life said:

@Stoltec MotoDo you also have dealers in Europe? $70 shipping is pretty big percentage of the total product.
And customs will screw me over on top of that.

No dealers in Europe (yet), but it's been asked before.

As far as the shipping price is concerned, was that with or without the rotor?

2 hours ago, Stoltec Moto said:

As far as the shipping price is concerned, was that with or without the rotor?

Without, a rotor i can source here for less although the Galfer looks good.

• Supporting Vendor
20 hours ago, Ray Ride4life said:

Without, a rotor i can source here for less although the Galfer looks good.

Interesting. Send us an email with your shipping address and we’ll dig into it. Maybe there is a glitch in the calculator. 

On 12/7/2022 at 2:12 AM, Stoltec Moto said:

Interesting. Send us an email with your shipping address and we’ll dig into it. Maybe there is a glitch in the calculator. 

I Send an email right after i read this (that was 05:53 CET).
Not being impatient but based on the reaction time here i suspect a chance of ending up in the spam folder.

After some emailing i bit the bullet and just ordered a kit.
I'm going for the bracket with brake lines with the rear ABS delete.
Because of taxes and import costs i will buy a rotor here, i like the looks of the Galfer but that will end up a €100 more than buying a rotor here in the Netherlands.

Why did i choose for this option?
I need new rotors at 28k km and that's just over a year riding and this kit is just a little more expensive than a rotor but lets see what i get in return.
Less weight and that's unsprung weight as a bonus, i get new braided brake lines (Spiegler) and a rear ABS delete which also was on the wish list.
I ride a lot of mixed on- offroad and ride often with the ABS off but forget it also often and i like to lock up the rear sometimes. Front ABS is nice in the wet and the rare occasion front needs to be locked i still can switch it off and probably already standing still to do so.
Now i only have to buy 1 front rotor and one set brake pads and every time i need to change pads and/or rotors i save one set so next time it's payed back and after that it saves money.

Yes you have a little less stopping power but that is stopping power i cannot use anyway because i always run knobby tyres. These don't have enough rubber on the road to handle that extra stopping power.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Items are in, Thanks Nick @Stoltec Moto
I was expecting it just after the weekend but i still have to wait for next weekend because i don't have enough brake fluid to refill the system as it comes with new brake lines plus i want to take the rear master cilinder apart to check if and i also have the ABS rings for speedo correction in its way. It would be stupid to take the wheels out now and next week again.
This is in the kit i ordered:
IMG_20230114_130936.jpg.cf8ae7fc82c814589db6707e6f7a2269.jpg

And this is the with the rotors and pads i'm going to use with this setup (except the ABS rings):
IMG_20230114_131435.jpg.970c59d85905bfa7d8fb197234663faf.jpg

With me it's function before looks but if they can be combined i'm more than happy to fit it into the design of the bike.
The adapter and rotor hub are obviously matched with the blue rims but i changed my tank and fairing to white with grey and orange, i did kept the OEM blue for the rear fairing but that's covered by the bags i always have on.
The Blue lines will go nice with the Orange handlebar, levers and Rotweiler mirrors and connect those with the rims and rear fairing... will post a picture when i'm finished.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I really wanted to mount it this weekend but it was snowing the last 2 days and today is freezing even during the day so i can't properly wash the bike and if you seen the pictures in the random ride pics topic you can imaging (and even see) that the bike is not nice to work on.
Also don't have a heated garage (just i little electric one for emergency work) and still are waiting on the ABS speedo correction rings i wanted to change when i have the wheels out.
Next weekend i have other things to do so another 2 weeks wait :classic_sad:
Maybe check for a radial MC in the mean time?? Problem with that beside more money spending is my brake lever would not fit and i want to keep the matching pair. Well... i always say "after this he's finished" but deep down inside i know it will be an ongoing project no matter how oft i say there is nothing that can be improved :classic_blush:

• 4 weeks later...

I have the numbers in, total weight saving with this conversion when using a EBC Vee rotor in the front is 2842 grams.
569 grams is the weight of the hose and hard lines that came off with the rear ABS delete, 1123 grams the difference between the one EBC rotor and the two OEM rotors and 1150 grams difference between the OEM hoses and the removed caliper and the new hoses.
The difference between the one new rotor plus adapter and the two old ones including the caliper and the hard line to the right caliper is wich is the total of the lost unsprung weight is 2008 grams.

• Like 2

The complete story with pictures:

I know not everybody here like to go to external webpages but first i have more to do than do double work and to be honest, a little traffic to my website eventually helps to get more people to find my website.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Windblown said:

So what did you end up doing about the Front Brake MC? 

Nothing... yet.
It's not that bad, it lacks a bit when using one finger but with two fingers it's not that bad and i can easily get int to ABS on asphalt.
Have ordered a 2,5" rear rim and a pair of boots so for now i spend enough and with how it works so far it's good enough to not spend more right now at trial and error solutions.
It did needed some breaking in because the first ride i thought "what the hell did i do..." but last Thursday on my way home (Friday is Crosstourer day) i went full rally mode on the muddy trails and i can say those 2kg make u huge difference.

1 hour ago, Ray Ride4life said:

Nothing... yet.
It's not that bad, it lacks a bit when using one finger but with two fingers it's not that bad and i can easily get int to ABS on asphalt.
Have ordered a 2,5" rear rim and a pair of boots so for now i spend enough and with how it works so far it's good enough to not spend more right now at trial and error solutions.
It did needed some breaking in because the first ride i thought "what the hell did i do..." but last Thursday on my way home (Friday is Crosstourer day) i went full rally mode on the muddy trails and i can say those 2kg make u huge difference.

Glad you're getting along with it ok. I hated the brake feel when I converted to a single caliper/rotor. I found the front brake very wooden and hard. Once I swapped for a more appropriate sized MC life was good again though and yep, killing a bunch of dead weight off the front is nothing but a good thing in my book. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2023 at 12:46 PM, Windblown said:

Once I swapped for a more appropriate sized MC life was good again though ............................. 

Which MC did you go with?

2021 Yamaha Tenere 700
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i
2018 Husqy/Oberon/JD FE 450

10 minutes ago, BADDANDY said:

Which MC did you go with?

I'd recommend a Nissin 11mm MC.  They are plentiful.

Thanks

2021 Yamaha Tenere 700
2019 Husqvarna TE 250i
2018 Husqy/Oberon/JD FE 450