Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Hi from UK

MarkT700

Hi, Just purchased a 2022 World Raid following on from a BMW R1250GS Rallye. Looking to do some off road trails across Europe next year.

Have lots of bits to get for the bike to make it a bit more resilient to the occasional drop!, starting with bark busters and frame  and case protectors, looking at crash bars too. Does anyone have experience of the Hepco and Becker World Raid ones? or can you recommend something else?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

42 minutes ago, DuncMan said:

I prefer the design and weight of the Adventure Spec crash bars, personally.

He said he owns the World Raid model.

Adventure Spec wrote to me after purchasing their side luggage racks (and realized they hit the plastic panels close to the rear footpegs): "We don't make any item that fits the World Raid."

I own a World Raid too but I don't like crash bars. I think they are heavy which influences the handling and might bring more damage to the frame.

But if I had to have crash bars, I would go for the SW-Motech. I think are not available for sale yet. You may see them here below:

Thanks all for your welcomes, I have looked at the SW Motech bars and contacted the importer who said they should be officially launched in a couple of weeks  (about a week ago) so should know the price of those imminently and availability. I am based near Southend in Essex.