Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

New T7 in South AZ

Chainslap

Hello,

I haven’t had a bike for about 4 years and finally pulled the trigger on a brand new T7. Feels great to be back on a bike and dang have adv bikes come a long way in how capable they are off road. 
a little over 400 miles so far

added so far:

Vinyl kit

hand guards

engine guards 

rear rack

and on the way….tires

D908RR (rear)

motoz Rallz (front)

only thing left on my list is

skid plate

tool kit 

and maayybeee….springs??

I’ve used all the travel a handful of times but haven’t bottomed hard yet??

I am loving this bike!!

B0061317-1A62-4F16-B031-9223222EED51.jpeg

Edited by Chainslap
  • Like 2

• Chainslap changed the title to New T7 in South AZ
  • Moderators

Welcome  @Chainslap.  Be sure to check out the vendors section, we've got some great companies here that sell some excellent product. 

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

@Chainslap Welcome to the Forum!!  The Rallz front tire is a love and hate kinda tire.  You will love it off road and it will give you a pucker factor of 10 out on the highway.  60MPH and under, not a big deal.  When you want to get out on the interstate and stay with traffic, 75 MPH and higher, hang on!!  Your going for a ride!!  

You have a great bike and there is a lot a great information to have learned here!!

I have been wondering about that tire at speed. Could have used it today on a steep loose climb in the Dragoon mountains though. its as old a conundrum as dual sports itself. Balancing off road performance and on road manners. The 2 just don’t go together.

thanks for the welcomes. 

956B13B4-F6DC-4B44-AA0B-058ED16DE503.jpeg

late to it, but welcome. handsome bike. on the tire front, the Dunlop Mission on the front seems a good compromise with several different combos on the rear. the soft compound on the frontiers it better off-road than the tread pattern suggests. enjoy, be safe.

The mission does not look the part but I keep hearing good things about it, even from my local shop with first hand experience as well. Hopefully I have 3k-4k miles before I have to go through that decision process again but will be looking at the mission for sure.