Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Touratech discovery luggage system

MikeG

Has anyone used them .

I  currently have the...but unused....Kriega os system 18 Ltd bags 

Was just wondering if the TT ones are better suited for a 6 week jolly away in Africa...

I travel light as possible..Uk based aswell..

Mike..

It looks a good setup. But still fouls the exhaust like many others (unless you have a mivv etc). I considered them but just couldn’t see how a nylon saddle bag and two ortlieb dry bags worth a tenner each translates to almost £400. Bmw riders might get suckered in but can’t see t7 owners paying more than twice what they’re worth. 

have a look at 21 brothers version too. 

Edited by Dougie

19 hours ago, MikeG said:

Has anyone used them .

I  currently have the...but unused....Kriega os system 18 Ltd bags 

Was just wondering if the TT ones are better suited for a 6 week jolly away in Africa...

I travel light as possible..Uk based aswell..

Mike..

I have not used these bags, but I have been studying soft luggage lately.  These Touratech bags look interesting for a couple of reasons.  First, 25L per side is more capacity than most soft luggage systems.  Second, they appear to sit quite low, which I see as an advantage for weight distribution.  The extra pockets on the back and the center section are thoughtful details.

To Dougie's point, they might require a heat shield, but that wouldn't stop me.

And I agree the price is quite high.  For just $40 more you can have the Reckless 80 (minus the aux pockets) from Mosko.  These are also 25L per side, plus you get a 22L top bag, and the construction is bombproof.  Or, for a lot less ($245) you can get the AltRider Hemispheres Holsters, which look very similar to the Touratech system, and add your own dry bags (though how big, I'm not sure).  There are plenty of nice dry bags out there for not much $$.

The Blizzard saddlebags from Enduristan also look interesting to me, but only 17L per side.

For reference, I have a Wolfman rackless system, the B-base and 2x20L Rolie bags.  They are OK but I wish they were a bit larger and sat lower on the bike.

Thanks for the useful replies,

Still considering the TT ones though,as being in the UK.importing stuff is expensive..

The Kriega is nice but too take the stuff into a hotel the saddle needs too be removed with the bags attached, as with TT ones you just pull the bags out and your done..

Like the Mosko ones..just pull the bags out...

56 minutes ago, MikeG said:

Thanks for the useful replies,

Still considering the TT ones though,as being in the UK.importing stuff is expensive..

The Kriega is nice but too take the stuff into a hotel the saddle needs too be removed with the bags attached, as with TT ones you just pull the bags out and your done..

Like the Mosko ones..just pull the bags out...

Good point.  I am always camping and so the bags usually stay on the bike.  A few times I have removed the  base with bags attached and walked them to my site. Not ideal if you do it  every night.

21 hours ago, BikeBrother said:

Have a look at the hippohips.

turkana-hippohips-saddlebags.jpg

A double-layered saddlebag system that can handle rough handling and exposure. Inner removable IP66 waterproof/dustproof liners...

Thanks for that,but the video I saw you needed racks which i haven't got on mine....

Edited by MikeG
Added words..!!!

@MikeG, have you got the tenere OS base or the generic adjustable one? Why do you need to take the seat off? I thought it was just the 4 straps on the base to the bike and it came off in one go like the TT and givi etc?  
I also considered the OS base, but have small racks so wasn’t sure they’d fit, so made it work mounted sideways with the cam straps, but would prefer they were one item for ease of removal. Takes about a minute. 
At least you’ll get good money back on the kriega. 

Edited by Dougie

Kreiga  base for the T7..As I call it a saddle..

People would not be too happy with you walking in with the whole set up covered in mud..Kriega..

TT ones are just two pull bags and the base stays on the Bike.. can't see the pull bags getting that muddy..  

If they did a quick wipe over the dry Bag with say baby wipe and job done.