Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Voicemail: :" Your T7 is in"

chadio

Just got the voicemail .....  "Hi Chad, This is Mitch from Westside Motorsports....we have a (T7) for you"

Then I pooped my pants.

3 more months of $#!tty weather before I can ride it.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

"ADV  ONE DROP AT A TIME " - Chronicles of Solid

• Moderators

For you while waiting....

25598832_1.jpg.602f95dada03dd1ec741d5175841941b.jpg

• Haha 5

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

• Moderators
1 hour ago, chadio said:

Is it 2 ply?

Does it need to be? 😀

Or I could say, it Depends!

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

FWIW:

It was about 5 months from the time I got on the waiting list at the dealer.

Had meant to do  'mock up' invoice with the sales rep, before the bike arrived... just so I would know what to expect for freight and setup charges.

Freight and setup were about double what I expected.

Have good credit so got a decent interest rate on the loan.  Once I sell my boat,  I'll pay off the bike.

On 12/7/2022 at 2:32 AM, chadio said:

Just got the voicemail .....  "Hi Chad, This is Mitch from Westside Motorsports....we have a (T7) for you"

Then I pooped my pants.

Congrats on the T7.  Look at it as 3 months to order mods...

20220821_083121.jpg.3c58f9bcdc9d1cebb4b988ec92ad5d2a.jpg

I remember when I got my voicemail while I was at work on a Monday telling me mine was in. Almost couldn't contain myself till the weekend when I could make the trip to pick it up haha. Congrats

On 12/11/2022 at 9:53 PM, chadio said:

Here is the '23 Shadow Gray

t7 23 blk.jpg

I called an Idaho dealer today and ended up buying this very same bike.  Now I need to go get it.

On 12/7/2022 at 3:32 AM, chadio said:

Then I pooped my pants.

Congrats!  I guess I'm lucky, one phone call and I got mine today.  haha

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators
50 minutes ago, chadio said:

Oops 

Now that's out of the way, but look at the bright side, at least it wasn't on the muffler side so no damage to the frame hanger! Welcome to the club.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AZJW said:

Now that's out of the way, but look at the bright side, at least it wasn't on the muffler side so no damage to the frame hanger! Welcome to the club.

Was able to set it down gently so it rested on the foot peg and the handguard.  I was still a little shook up about it (first ride on new machine).

The ride:  absolutely brilliant... it didn't just meet expectations, it felt fantastic.  Now I need some crash protection, practice, and confidence.

• Like 1