Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

First snow commute

razz007

So I left the house nice early , the car sat there looking pretty n white , but the roads clear , yet the further I went on with my journey , the better and whiter it became , riding in a snow blizzard on the tenere is awesome , but I really must get some heated grips. Supposed to be -6 tonight with hail n snow , wonder how tomorrows commute will be . Love it 

• Like 3

Wouldn't it make more since to take your car into winter driving conditions than your motorcycle.  I don't want to be a hero or "that guy".  I want to be safe so I can ride another day.  Just my 2 cents-------if it matters.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, razz007 said:

So I left the house nice early , the car sat there looking pretty n white , but the roads clear , yet the further I went on with my journey , the better and whiter it became , riding in a snow blizzard on the tenere is awesome , but I really must get some heated grips. Supposed to be -6 tonight with hail n snow , wonder how tomorrows commute will be . Love it 

I’ve only today ordered the Oxford evo. Body and legs fine yesterday (0 deg) but fingers numb in twenty minutes. 🥶

Edited by Dougie
  • Like 1

I have the Oxford adventure premium grips and they get plenty hot, but my fingers still get cold. I added a set of hippo hands back country mugs and it’s better. I still get cold fingers on the highway around 30 degrees, but it’s tolerable. 

my first gear insulated gloves aren’t fantastic, so I’ll probably look at swapping those out, next. 

I don’t know if I’ll ride near or below zero, I think I’ll stick to the truck. The bridges get slick pretty quick.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, smd3 said:

I have the Oxford adventure premium grips and they get plenty hot, but my fingers still get cold. I added a set of hippo hands back country mugs and it’s better. I still get cold fingers on the highway around 30 degrees, but it’s tolerable. 

my first gear insulated gloves aren’t fantastic, so I’ll probably look at swapping those out, next. 

I don’t know if I’ll ride near or below zero, I think I’ll stick to the truck. The bridges get slick pretty quick.  

My old wagon decided (just before Xmas) 250,000 miles was enough work done for her to justify the demand for a rebuilt motor, and went on strike. 😳😂. So I was forced to ride in the salt. Hopefully the grips will be enough to take the sting out until I can do the work.