Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Fuse box, power hub

Rui

I've used an Eastern Beaver fuse box on my other bikes which has been very reliable so that's probably what I'll use on my T7

It's the middle one on this page;  

new-logo-avatar.jpg

We make and sell only the highest quality products.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks’ for the recommendation boboneleg. I looked at that component and it seems perfect for what I want to do (bolster the OEM 2-amp aux circuit to support 2 ea.  3-amp fast charge USB ports and a Powerlet socket). Smartphones can get hungry with Bluetooth, GPS and navigation programs running simultaneously. I purchased product from them years ago for a KLR build and the quality was first rate.  

• Like 2

I have a fuzeblocks fz1. Very easy to fit and works well but a little bit tight for space under the rear seat. For grips, heated clothing and USB charger. Still got plenty of room. £ well spent. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/17/2020 at 8:39 PM, boboneleg said:

I've used an Eastern Beaver fuse box on my other bikes which has been very reliable so that's probably what I'll use on my T7

It's the middle one on this page;  

new-logo-avatar.jpg

We make and sell only the highest quality products.

Thank you!

What KIT do you recomend for the T7?

Hi,

I see that he has a kit specifically for the T700 now, 

I need to decide wether to use this or the '3-circuit solution' which I have on my other bikes.  A deciding criteria will be where on the bike you can fit it ?

cheers,  Bob.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I use the Rowe PDM60 on my Super T. I like that you can program the circuits for varying amps. If a circuit gets tripped, resetting is as easy as powering off and on. As long as the cause for circuit overload is corrected. No fuses to carry or lose.

On the wife's DR650, I was going to install the Eastern Beaver as mentioned above. Great fuse block, but too big over all. So got the EB 3 CS and installed that. It's perfect because I only needed two powered lines, so have a spare. And it takes up much less room than the fuse block. And can place the three fuses and relays where they best fit.

IMG_20190929_220934.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I have the Fuseblocks FZ1 and it’s very nice. I’ve also had one of the Eastern Beaver pigtail style which are also nice and can be easier to fit where space is tight. I see EB has a few pig tale and box style options now available for the Tenere 700 as well which is nice. Haven’t decided which I’ll go with just yet but heated gear, heated grips, aux lighting, dedicated gps, usb for smartphone on bars and 12v run into tank bag for charging batteries, comms, etc are all being factored in. I also have a bike trailer that I’m adding additional brake and signal lights to and some type of 12V into the trailer for accessories might be nice. Small 12v beer keg chiller... 🤪

• Like 1

On 6/4/2020 at 3:31 AM, Adrenolin said:

I also have a bike trailer that I’m adding additional brake and signal lights to and some type of 12V into the trailer for accessories might be nice. Small 12v beer keg chiller... 🤪

Which trailer and how are you planning to connect to the bike?

2 hours ago, slakdawg said:

Which trailer and how are you planning to connect to the bike?

The Kip Moto SherpaX SuperSized trailer. Tote options are 24, 35 (what I use) & 48 gallon sizes. I’ve been using it with my WRR and it hauls it just fine with gear, food, cots, 4P tent and a case of beer tossed in. The main connecting yoke can be swapped out for different bikes so will be contacting Kip soon about getting a 2nd Yoke to connect to the T7. It uses a T-Handle rod that slides through the rear hollow axle, threads in the other side and then secured with a clip. Empty the entire thing weights about 35Lbs. Has a 145Lb load capacity. 

Secured to my WRR. 

D5709F2C-0510-4A02-9DC3-8CA1C733EF0D.thumb.jpeg.09d8913a8479ecf4bca3f8a8f4ec232c.jpeg

Shows the yoke for the WRR. 

B61E5B60-42A8-4B62-ACF9-42C903F78C07.thumb.jpeg.8b60b15c5358e4153d92d95398932df2.jpeg

• Like 2