Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Tenere World Raid? it could be

mcmad74

Hello to all,

I'm from Italy so...I'm sorry if my English is not so good.

I'm here because ..probably... I'll buy a new 2023 Tenere World Raid.

Having to do a lot of mods for rally use I'm here to find some general & tech infos....starting from suspension and from end.

Edited by mcmad74

• Moderators

@mcmad74 Benvenuto (Welcome, I had to look it up 😉 ) Your English is fine.  Post some pictures when you get your new WR.

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

hello thank you.

The Tenere WR as well as the standard is very beautiful and versatile.

Different parts for rally are starting to be available...this is a good thing.

Right now I'm just considering whether to continue with a BMW  rally bike project (but I have to build everything) or start over with a Tenere using parts I already have...it would be easier. I'm here to find some info..

not yet sure to buy a new T7 WR....

14 hours ago, mcmad74 said:

for rally use

Real rally you mean? Isn't the normal T7 not the better option then?
It has lesser suspension but you already mentioned an upgrade but it's slimmer and lighter.
I've been to the North Cape from the Netherlands over Norway and back over Finland and the Baltic states and managed just fine with the OEM tank.

• Like 1

hello, yes I agree with U but my "customer" asked me about OEM rally raid with some "factory" upgrading for off road use. He already has a complete KTM front end with Trig triple clamps and a complete YZF450 front end (excluding triple clamps). 

I'm here to look for some info bout T7 OEM triple clamps offset, fork distance and so on.