Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

:.What shorty levers are you using.:

hANNAbONE

Anybody using shorty clutch & brake levers?

I've used "The2Wheels.com" many times on Triumph's & Yamaha's & BMW's

But they must be out of business. no website any-longer.

I have used Pazzo, but some of the knockoffs were just as good.

I used (*and still have on my FJR*) MSR from Ebay on my '14 FJR and they still are on there.

Just wondering if anybody has flipped out the OEM for something else.

Just asking the consensus what they are purchasing, if anything...

Thank you for your direction.

I have a set V-trec bought at Motea.
It's the length adjustable and foldable version.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Black99S said:

Pazzo. The original. Not a cheap knock off. 

Chinese cheap knock-off levers of any brand are TERRIBLE!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, r1superstar said:

Chinese cheap knock-off levers of any brand are TERRIBLE!!!

Sloppy fit. Wear fast. Colours fade. Pay cheap get cheap.

Edited by Black99S
  • Like 3

Puig 3.0 levers (foldable, adjustable length).

Don't need the length adjustment, I run them at the shortest length.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Black99S said:

Pazzo. The original. Not a cheap knock off. 

Pazzo, where you pay with one handle for the set and the other for the name.
What you pay for one lever at Pazzo is the prize of a complete set at any other good set.
It's not an item that takes a special person to develop that other company's can't make their own.

• Like 4

I'm always drawn to ASV levers, they seem to be very good. But then I don't know if they would really improve anything for me.

• Like 2

Ive had ride it levers on mine for a while. No issues. I have a rsc 2 finger clutch lever on the shelf waiting to go on when it warms up.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I have used the Chinese ones on my previous bike and they were fantastic, did get a good quality one that lasted and lasted without any issues. So did go the same route and brand for the T7 and hated every moment of it, it made the already heavy clutch feel even heavier (always used 2-3 fingers on the stock ones as well). After a week of use, I switched back to stock levers because my hands did not hurt as much as with the shorty levers.

On my previous motorcycle (the CB500X) the clutch action is life a knife thru butter whereas the T7 feels like a knife through a hard pumpkin!!

• Like 1

Meet BigBlu - 2022 Tenere 700 | Yamaha OEM chain guide | Yamaha OEM crash guard | Givi Rear luggage rack | Givi BN42 top box | Black Widow 300mm Hexagonal exhaust | Acerbis High Fender | Windscreen risers | ProTaper Evo low handlebar | Oxford Integrated heated grips | Upshift Retro Speedblock Blue graphic kit | QuadLock wireless charger | BarkBuster Storm Handguards | Mitas E07+ rear tyre | Shinko E804 front tyre | MotoMount Radar screamer & LED visual alert | Custom half tail tidy kit |

On 12/24/2022 at 1:52 PM, S.Ga.Rider said:

Ive had ride it levers on mine for a while. No issues. I have a rsc 2 finger clutch lever on the shelf waiting to go on when it warms up.

+1 on this 👆   I have Pazzo on my track bike, "Ride it" on my equivelent street bike.  I can't tell the difference between the 2 and have chosen the "Ride it" for my T7 and have no regrets.  Great feel, no slop.

CRG RC2. Excellent quality and aesthetics. Doesn't help with the clutch pull but I also installed the Camel ADV one-finger clutch kit. That helps, but I have the OEM crash bars and I can't take full advantage of it. I had to cut off the last bit of the clutch lever extender as it conflicts with the crash bar. Still better than stock. 

+1 on the CamelADV 1-finger clutch with shorty levers.  I have mine on the middle hole. 

• Like 1

Fitted these this morning.

DSCF8704__03979.1588124453.220.220.JPG?c

Rad Guard are simply the best Radiator Guards & Oil Cooler Guards on the market and guarantee a perfect fit every time. They can save you money and certain disaster. Coolant or oil spewing onto your rear wheel can cause...

• Like 1

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.

5 hours ago, PondHawk said:

I’m poor… made one from stock lever

Big respect for that!

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

11 hours ago, PondHawk said:

I’m poor… made one from stock lever..2B69C4DC-3291-42B1-A2ED-BC9D3F291345.jpeg.3a42d30624265f175ea2c4acdd50b7fc.jpegB8A64A89-C531-42E5-86F9-85849F880E24.jpeg.1456571b14d2d20bcfe5c78c0a17a357.jpeg

How did you get the curve at the end? Heat? I was going to try this with mine. I had a rsc 1 finger lever but the bike didnt act right without the clutch switch so I put the oem perch back on.

@S.Ga.Rider, yes, MAP Gas worked better than propane. I notched it with an angle grinder, heated it (which was hard on a 29F day) and bent it. Then I used an aluminum brazing rod to fill any cracks and voids, filed, sanded and steel wool. It wasn't perfect but plenty strong. I just wanted a little nub on the end to keep my fingers on the lever.  I was inspired by @NeilW who shortened his stock lever.  I’m no metal worker, but was willing to sacrifice an OEM lever and am happy with the result. 

7FB2EC22-7C37-4885-9A25-1323FF43F077.jpeg.dab9f528802744b45f08be99d7584104.jpeg
image.jpeg.acb4f624721e6fa79416917f7b423e51.jpeg

Just for future reference when bending aluminium.

Use a lighter or a candle that will give off a bit of soot. 

Blacken the area to be bent.

Gently heat with a propane torch ( or similar ) until all the black has disappeared.

This is the carbon from the soot burning off and is roughly the annealing temperature of aluminium.

Bend in 15° increments and cracking will be minimised.

• Like 4

Alcohol! No good story starts with a salad.