Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Greetings from Southern California

SoCalAdv

Hola Compadres,

Happy New Year and Thank you for having me. T7 in the horizon for 2023.  Looking forward

to learning and sharing with you all!

Eric

14 minutes ago, PondHawk said:

Happy New Year yourself, what color Tenere did you order? Or you looking for a used model?

Not sure yet.  Just sold my Honda trail 125 and soon my Plated Honda 450x is going up for sale.  Really like this work up that upshift did. Not sure which color would work best for these graphics.

But first thing once I get it is the crashbars and skids.  But probably going to buy new as there are a couple here down in Orange County, CA.  I'm assuming these were hard to get at one time?

I believe the 2023’s come in blue or black/grey color schemes. I would guess that the black/grey color would work best since it has black colored rims. Best of luck! T7’s  seem to still be rare to find in dealerships here in the upper Midwest.

Well the Yamaha website has the 2 color options listed;

https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/content/common/dpg/files/2023_yamaha_Tnr_700.pdf

However I read an article that also listed white.  I know sometimes model options are delayed or only offered overseas, so perhaps the dealership can clarify what is available in the US for 2023…. Otherwise maybe an older “used” white T7 would work for your build if you can locate one.  Best of luck

• Moderators

@SoCalAdv Welcome from Arizona.   From a 125 to the T7? Hang on tight! 😉 Regarding the Upshift decals, I inquired about a year ago about their red/white set and was told I'd needed to paint my rear panel white for it to be covered completely,  so I'm still running the oem red/ white ( Intensity White) scheme.

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

5 hours ago, AZJW said:

@SoCalAdv Welcome from Arizona.   From a 125 to the T7? Hang on tight! 😉 Regarding the Upshift decals, I inquired about a year ago about their red/white set and was told I'd needed to paint my rear panel white for it to be covered completely,  so I'm still running the oem red/ white ( Intensity White) scheme.

Thanks AZJW! Is it a big difference coming from the trail? 😂 Honestly, as cool as the new trail 125's are, they are not safe IMHO. Not enough power to hole shot out of a stoplight situation @190lbs. Especially with psycho drivers in LA.  

I was going to transition over to the FE501 from the 450x but man these T7's look like the ticket. Thanks for the heads up on the Upshift decals! Much appreciated.