Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

TET Serbia

Ray Ride4life

End of June/begin July i want to go to Serbia to ride the TET in a 1,5 - 2 week trip.
Normally i travel alone but maybe someone wants to tag along?
Plan is to ride from the south of the Netherlands to Szeged, that's a 1432km trip i want to do in 2 days on main roads and some highway but ii think i also saw some smaller roads.
Then it's 6 to 7 days on the TET that should end in Bregovo but that is depending on the time as the TET Serbia is 3 sections with a total of just over 2200km that makes it around 350km a day which might be a bit ambitious but it's not a goal to finish it all but to have fun somewhere else than the backyard.

The way back is about 300km more as the route to Szeged so main roads and highway again, a necessary evil but i don't do trailering... i don't even own a car.

Beside that plan there is no plan, (wild) camping, hotel, B&B is all an option which i (or we) decide when it's time to end the day for whatever reason.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2023 at 12:27 AM, Ray Ride4life said:

The way back is about 300km more as the route to Szeged so main roads and highway again, a necessary evil but i don't do trailering... i don't even own a car.

A convenient alternative to trailering or riding the whole distance from the Netherlands and back is the Autozug of Deutsche Bahn. The Düsseldorf to Villach connection has been cancelled. But if I'm not mistaken Innsbruck and Verona are still running. You show up in Düsseldorf in the evening and wake up next morning in Austria or Italy. Get on your bike take some nicer roads to get to Szeged. Saves you time and boring miles.

I might be in Bulgaria around the same time. If I am and work allows for it, I'd be up for joining at least part of the ride.

• Thanks 1

Destinationworld.be - Journeys... not just travels | Discoveroverland.eu - Inspiring overland travel meetings

Unfortunately, this is just the time when I'm on holiday with my family in Austria.

Maybe Bosnia or Croatia next year, if you're still in Europe?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, duibhceK said:

A convenient alternative to trailering or riding the whole distance from the Netherlands and back is the Autozug of Deutsche Bahn. The Düsseldorf to Villach connection has been cancelled. But if I'm not mistaken Innsbruck and Verona are still running. You show up in Düsseldorf in the evening and wake up next morning in Austria or Italy. Get on your bike take some nicer roads to get to Szeged. Saves you time and boring miles.

I might be in Bulgaria around the same time. If I am and work allows for it, I'd be up for joining at least part of the ride.

I wil look into that option but it's also a bit about principles.

Just like with drinking, in the evening a man in the morning a man (Dutch saying) with motor travels it starts when i shut the door behind me.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ray Ride4life said:

I wil look into that option but it's also a bit about principles.

Just like with drinking, in the evening a man in the morning a man (Dutch saying) with motor travels it starts when i shut the door behind me.

I agree, at least if time allows it. And those trains are fekkin expensive. I once checked it out. You'll pay something like 600€, if I remember correctly. ONE WAY.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

Plans are changed.
I go on vacation from 8 'till 30 July and the 16th to the 22nd i will attend the Bosnia Rally.
I'll take a week to get to the start and probably will do a part of the Serbian TET anyway but just 2 or 3 days, still working on a route wich i can ignore once i'm on my way.
This rally is with a steady bivouac in front of a hotel where i stay 6 nights and there is 5 days of riding.
After the rally i pack the bike back up and go back home in a week. Not ready with the fist week so no idea yet how i get back but maybe take some TET Croatia and Slovenia.

• Like 1