Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Hi from Estonia!

EstRider

Greetings All,

Just received my new 22 World Raid here in Estonia at the end of October in the rainy cold season, looking forward to spring here. I've got 3 years with this bike and I'm looking forward to trying some of the Trans Europe Trails and exploring the Baltics and Scandinavia with it. BIG switch from my last bike a Suzuki M50! New style, new rider life!

I got a good deal so I opted for the Explorer Pack from Yamaha with a few of the little other upgrades like LED foglights etc. 

I am interested in possibly lowering though, I can only get one foot flat with the otherone still on the peg...but I will have to sell the bike in 2025 so I want to avoid doing anything like cutting the side stand down. Looks like right now finding a shorter side stand and 40mm lowering links. Any tips would be welcome, lots of research to do, but the bike is new enough so there isn't much out there WR specific haha.

Cheers all! !

Edited by EstRider
  • Like 1

Welcome!

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

Welcome.
I crossed Estonia last July, this is the episode in my blog (movie at the end) from that part of my trip.

About lowering, try it first because i think double flat footing is overrated. I can't flatfoot either and i even raised the bike about 2 cm.
This is one of many video's about tall bikes.

@Simmons1 Thanks mate

@Ray Ride4life Thanks,  I hear you about waiting. I've held off on doing the mod over the winter to give myself a chance to see what it's like when spring hits then I'll figure out if I can handle it. Going from the cruiser position on the M50 with double flat footing being super easy, to needing to stand on the peg to get my leg over is certainly something I need to adjust to.

Nice to your blog, it's fun to see local scenes online! I'm kind of surprised you took your bike on the cobbles haha, can't have been super comfortable!

22 minutes ago, EstRider said:

Nice to your blog, it's fun to see local scenes online! I'm kind of surprised you took your bike on the cobbles haha, can't have been super comfortable!

Thanks. Biggest problem was that the Tech in Tallinn who fitted my new tyres asked me what pressure i wanted and instead of 1,9 front and 2,2 rear he did 2,2 front and 2,9 rear but if you saw the video you could have seen i've found out on the way but too late for the cobble stones.
I had to ga there to get to my hotel, i parked the bike right in front of it for 2 nights and a day.
Tallinn i a beautiful city and the people are very friendly, had a great time there.

Just now, Ray Ride4life said:

Thanks. Biggest problem was that the Tech in Tallinn who fitted my new tyres asked me what pressure i wanted and instead of 1,9 front and 2,2 rear he did 2,2 front and 2,9 rear but if you saw the video you could have seen i've found out on the way but too late for the cobble stones.
I had to ga there to get to my hotel, i parked the bike right in front of it for 2 nights and a day.
Tallinn i a beautiful city and the people are very friendly, had a great time there.

You went to Yamaha Keskus?

Love it here honestly, one of the best cities I've lived in! Looking forward to exploring the coast this summer on the bike (Code named Max)

On 1/10/2023 at 5:13 AM, EstRider said:

Greetings All,

Just received my new 22 World Raid here in Estonia at the end of October in the rainy cold season, looking forward to spring here. I've got 3 years with this bike and I'm looking forward to trying some of the Trans Europe Trails and exploring the Baltics and Scandinavia with it. BIG switch from my last bike a Suzuki M50! New style, new rider life!

I got a good deal so I opted for the Explorer Pack from Yamaha with a few of the little other upgrades like LED foglights etc. 

I am interested in possibly lowering though, I can only get one foot flat with the otherone still on the peg...but I will have to sell the bike in 2025 so I want to avoid doing anything like cutting the side stand down. Looks like right now finding a shorter side stand and 40mm lowering links. Any tips would be welcome, lots of research to do, but the bike is new enough so there isn't much out there WR specific haha.

Cheers all! !

Welcome! World Raid!   Photo please!🤓

@Ray Ride4life huh I dont know that place, but thats not surprising I'm a pretty recent transplant. 

@DuncMan thanks I'd actually already read your review from rally raid stand. I'll check out this one too. I'll hold off on the trigger til I ride a bit more though.

Did you find it a pain to adjust the forks alone? I'd have to do it using the center stand...

@PondHawk ha pics attached, its deep icy winter here so sadly only dark dingy garage pics. 

20230113_093635.jpg

20230113_093646.jpg

• Like 1