Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Can I change the factory defaults

Hlshew

Question

I've moved from Europe to the UK and so the units I need on the speedo have changed. 
I am constantly having to reset this as when ever the battery sits for a while or I ride (and stall) a lot off road the defaults reset. 

Is it possible to change this so that factory default is mph? I know I can keep setting it to what I want but its a pain. 
Thanks 🙂 

2 answers to this question

• Moderators

@Hlshew This is the only guidance in the U.S.A. Service Manual I could locate, ( maybe the UK one reads differently), which you've probably already seen.  It does state that after a battery disconnection, it will default to factory settings so looks like your best bet is to see if your dealer can change that default to mph.

Screenshot_20230117_054237_Dropbox.jpg

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Thanks @AZJW , you're right thats exactly what I've been doing. The problem I've been having is that on off road days if I stall a few times the voltage drops low enough that the ECU registers a battery disconnect (even though the bike starts again fine) so I'm having to reset the units after tricky sections of trail 😤 I'll see if there is a local dealer who is happy to do it without charging an arm an a leg 

• Like 1