Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Exhaust system selection sucks

MOTOXMAN

Cannot find an exhaust system in the states that tucks under the rear foot peg. Everything is a slip on. Camel ADV is an option but I do not want to cut off the stock mount . Any suggestions. ?

High mount

HP CORSE SP-1 SHORT Titanium Exhaust for Yamaha Tenere 700 (High Mount)

Low mount

HP CORSE SP-1 Titanium Exhaust for Yamaha Tenere 700 (Low Mount)

Header, cat delete

HP CORSE Headers for Yamaha Tenere 700 (Euro4 AND Euro5 compliant)

When I ordered mine, the website showed a lead time but, it arrived a short while later.  Seems they don't really keep the site that updated.  Anyways, even if there is a wait it is worth it, especially now its the middle of winter. 

You can also get a fuel controller for ~$250  if you buy from UK.

Link to photo thread, so I don't post same phots multiple times.  

Edited by Toymaster
  • Like 1

On 1/22/2023 at 9:28 AM, MOTOXMAN said:

Cannot find an exhaust system in the states that tucks under the rear foot peg. Everything is a slip on. Camel ADV is an option but I do not want to cut off the stock mount . Any suggestions. ?

MIVV

20221226_155058.jpg

18 minutes ago, MOTOXMAN said:

Okay that works , I need to find that and buy it. Is there a link 

mivv-exhaust-slip-on-dakar-yamaha-tenere

Designed to improve the aestethics, sound and performance of the bike, Mivv slip-on exhausts are the result of maximum attention to design, with the aim of satisfying those who want to distinguish themselves by the look of their...

Unless you may be interested in something like this?  Definitely unorthodox, but it's worked fine so far.

Not much difference in exhaust note, maybe some more burbles on decel.

Motorcycle gurus correct me if I'm wrong, but as I understand it on most modern motorcycles the majority of the resistance comes from the catalytic converter.  Downstream of that, the slip-ons we install are mostly for looks and don't do much for performance other than weight savings.

IMG_2295.JPEG

IMG_2299.JPEG

I don’t want a slip on , I want a full system to put the exhaust in a safer position if the bike tips over. Stock exhaust is to exposed to a crash. 

11 minutes ago, MOTOXMAN said:

I don’t want a slip on , I want a full system to put the exhaust in a safer position if the bike tips over. Stock exhaust is to exposed to a crash. 

Search this site for Huzar.

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

8 minutes ago, MOTOXMAN said:

Mivv also offers a header.  However the header will not do anything to move the muffler to a more safe position that the MIVV high mount already is located.   Please explain what you mean " in a safer position".  That is what  the MIVV high mount does. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, MOTOXMAN said:

All the options mentioned above - HP Corse, MIVV - are slip on solutions which do exactly what you want. It's not just the muffler. It's the muffler plus the pipe from the end of the skid.

Ray, will that pipe work with stock fender/blinkers? I like it! Unfortunately appears to be on backorder...

33 minutes ago, Turbohawk said:

Ray, will that pipe work with stock fender/blinkers? I like it! Unfortunately appears to be on backorder...

No, you need to add a tail tidy or find another solution for moving the blinkers.

I did the “Black Widow” 2 into 1 header pipe ( cat delete ) with the Huzar high mount muffler. Works great. 

4C71B371-6D26-42E2-8A6D-36BA18BF8A00.jpeg

6261DB92-2C84-455B-944F-BDEF0E19999D.jpeg

• Like 2

Looks good DirtBandit! I bet it sounds even sweeter. No "power commander" needed to make the bike's electronics "happy" with the cat gone?

I’m.Ike that pipe. I have a tail,tidy installed so it should work perfectly. Going to,order,one. Thanks for the advice .

8 hours ago, Turbohawk said:

Looks good DirtBandit! I bet it sounds even sweeter. No "power commander" needed to make the bike's electronics "happy" with the cat gone?

I had the ecu send to 2wheeldynoworks.com.  works well,very happy 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dirtbandit said:

I had the ecu send to 2wheeldynoworks.com.  works well,very happy 

Did you ride it before you sent off the ecu? Were there issues you noted?

40 minutes ago, Turbohawk said:

I never rode it before the ecu was flashed. I have heard it not being a problem with fueling,  but didn't want to chance leaning it out.

I rode all the way to the North Cape and back with the MIVV and standard ECU, the Rapid bike module came in just before i left and i almost fitted it the night before leaving but it seemed smarter to wait until i got back.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Turbohawk said:

I rode mine before flashing the ECU. Issues I wanted to address were: 

* Turning on the fan at a lower temperature

* Smoother throttle response after closing the throttle

* Excessively lean running, even before any mods

I was quite pleased to have better midrange power, at least according to my seat of the pants dyno. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Hollybrook said:

I rode mine before flashing the ECU. Issues I wanted to address were: 

* Turning on the fan at a lower temperature

* Smoother throttle response after closing the throttle

* Excessively lean running, even before any mods

I was quite pleased to have better midrange power, at least according to my seat of the pants dyno. 

Any noticeable change in fuel economy?

1 hour ago, Turbohawk said:

Any noticeable change in fuel economy?

I haven't really worried about it, might have lost 2-5 mpg?  I get between 45 and 55mpg (from display), depending on where and how I ride. Interestingly, my best mpg came from 2 hours of 75+mph on the highway mixed with 2 hours of 1st and 2nd gear off road. Quite unexpected! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hollybrook said:

I haven't really worried about it, might have lost 2-5 mpg?  I get between 45 and 55mpg (from display), depending on where and how I ride. Interestingly, my best mpg came from 2 hours of 75+mph on the highway mixed with 2 hours of 1st and 2nd gear off road. Quite unexpected! 

I know what you mean. I used to carry a pocket tablet to keep MPG data on every bike I owned. Got lazy when I got my Concours 14. I don't think the algorithm's are exact on these figures.

Kinda like the crazy Tenere Fuel gauge...shows 100% full too long...lol. Then it plummets alarmingly fast.  Would have been nice if they'd made the gauge more linear on the readings.

• Like 2