Jump to content
Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Exhaust system selection sucks


MOTOXMAN

Recommended Posts

Cannot find an exhaust system in the states that tucks under the rear foot peg. Everything is a slip on. Camel ADV is an option but I do not want to cut off the stock mount . Any suggestions. ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

High mount

 


HP CORSE SP-1 SHORT Titanium Exhaust for Yamaha Tenere 700 (High Mount)

 

Low mount

 


HP CORSE SP-1 Titanium Exhaust for Yamaha Tenere 700 (Low Mount)

 

Header, cat delete

 


HP CORSE Headers for Yamaha Tenere 700 (Euro4 AND Euro5 compliant)

 

When I ordered mine, the website showed a lead time but, it arrived a short while later.  Seems they don't really keep the site that updated.  Anyways, even if there is a wait it is worth it, especially now its the middle of winter. 

 

 

 

You can also get a fuel controller for ~$250  if you buy from UK.

 

Link to photo thread, so I don't post same phots multiple times.  

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Toymaster
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/22/2023 at 9:28 AM, MOTOXMAN said:

Cannot find an exhaust system in the states that tucks under the rear foot peg. Everything is a slip on. Camel ADV is an option but I do not want to cut off the stock mount . Any suggestions. ?

 

MIVV

20221226_155058.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, MOTOXMAN said:

Okay that works , I need to find that and buy it. Is there a link 

 

mivv-exhaust-slip-on-dakar-yamaha-tenere

Designed to improve the aestethics, sound and performance of the bike, Mivv slip-on exhausts are the result of maximum attention to design, with the aim of satisfying those who want to distinguish themselves by the look of their...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unless you may be interested in something like this?  Definitely unorthodox, but it's worked fine so far.

Not much difference in exhaust note, maybe some more burbles on decel.

 

Motorcycle gurus correct me if I'm wrong, but as I understand it on most modern motorcycles the majority of the resistance comes from the catalytic converter.  Downstream of that, the slip-ons we install are mostly for looks and don't do much for performance other than weight savings.

 

 

IMG_2295.JPEG

IMG_2299.JPEG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t want a slip on , I want a full system to put the exhaust in a safer position if the bike tips over. Stock exhaust is to exposed to a crash. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, MOTOXMAN said:

I don’t want a slip on , I want a full system to put the exhaust in a safer position if the bike tips over. Stock exhaust is to exposed to a crash. 

Search this site for Huzar.

Tenere 700 / Africa Twin / Goldwing / Super Tenere / WR250R / TDR 250 / GS1000S / GT750 / H2 750

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, MOTOXMAN said:

I don’t want a slip on , I want a full system to put the exhaust in a safer position if the bike tips over. Stock exhaust is to exposed to a crash. 

Mivv also offers a header.  However the header will not do anything to move the muffler to a more safe position that the MIVV high mount already is located.   Please explain what you mean " in a safer position".  That is what  the MIVV high mount does. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, MOTOXMAN said:

I don’t want a slip on , I want a full system to put the exhaust in a safer position if the bike tips over. Stock exhaust is to exposed to a crash. 

All the options mentioned above - HP Corse, MIVV - are slip on solutions which do exactly what you want. It's not just the muffler. It's the muffler plus the pipe from the end of the skid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ray, will that pipe work with stock fender/blinkers? I like it! Unfortunately appears to be on backorder...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Turbohawk said:

Ray, will that pipe work with stock fender/blinkers? I like it! Unfortunately appears to be on backorder...

No, you need to add a tail tidy or find another solution for moving the blinkers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did the “Black Widow” 2 into 1 header pipe ( cat delete ) with the Huzar high mount muffler. Works great. 

4C71B371-6D26-42E2-8A6D-36BA18BF8A00.jpeg

6261DB92-2C84-455B-944F-BDEF0E19999D.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks good DirtBandit! I bet it sounds even sweeter. No "power commander" needed to make the bike's electronics "happy" with the cat gone?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m.Ike that pipe. I have a tail,tidy installed so it should work perfectly. Going to,order,one. Thanks for the advice .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Turbohawk said:

Looks good DirtBandit! I bet it sounds even sweeter. No "power commander" needed to make the bike's electronics "happy" with the cat gone?

I had the ecu send to 2wheeldynoworks.com.  works well,very happy 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Dirtbandit said:

I had the ecu send to 2wheeldynoworks.com.  works well,very happy 

 

Did you ride it before you sent off the ecu? Were there issues you noted?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Turbohawk said:

 

Did you ride it before you sent off the ecu? Were there issues you noted?

 

I never rode it before the ecu was flashed. I have heard it not being a problem with fueling,  but didn't want to chance leaning it out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I rode all the way to the North Cape and back with the MIVV and standard ECU, the Rapid bike module came in just before i left and i almost fitted it the night before leaving but it seemed smarter to wait until i got back.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Turbohawk said:

 

Did you ride it before you sent off the ecu? Were there issues you noted?

 

I rode mine before flashing the ECU. Issues I wanted to address were: 

 

* Turning on the fan at a lower temperature

* Smoother throttle response after closing the throttle

* Excessively lean running, even before any mods

 

I was quite pleased to have better midrange power, at least according to my seat of the pants dyno. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Hollybrook said:

I rode mine before flashing the ECU. Issues I wanted to address were: 

 

* Turning on the fan at a lower temperature

* Smoother throttle response after closing the throttle

* Excessively lean running, even before any mods

 

I was quite pleased to have better midrange power, at least according to my seat of the pants dyno. 

Any noticeable change in fuel economy?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Turbohawk said:

Any noticeable change in fuel economy?

I haven't really worried about it, might have lost 2-5 mpg?  I get between 45 and 55mpg (from display), depending on where and how I ride. Interestingly, my best mpg came from 2 hours of 75+mph on the highway mixed with 2 hours of 1st and 2nd gear off road. Quite unexpected! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Hollybrook said:

I haven't really worried about it, might have lost 2-5 mpg?  I get between 45 and 55mpg (from display), depending on where and how I ride. Interestingly, my best mpg came from 2 hours of 75+mph on the highway mixed with 2 hours of 1st and 2nd gear off road. Quite unexpected! 

 

I know what you mean. I used to carry a pocket tablet to keep MPG data on every bike I owned. Got lazy when I got my Concours 14. I don't think the algorithm's are exact on these figures.

Kinda like the crazy Tenere Fuel gauge...shows 100% full too long...lol. Then it plummets alarmingly fast.  Would have been nice if they'd made the gauge more linear on the readings.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Our Friends

Tenere across the USA

Tenere 700 Forum. We are just Tenere 700 owners and fans

Tenere700.net is not affiliated with Yamaha Motor Co and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of ea individual author and do not represent Yamaha Motor Co or Tenere700.net .

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.