Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Clip on visor or windscreen adjuster

SKIPNOMAD

I would like to have a little help in the wind buffeting department and I'm undecided on which way to go. Any thoughts?

LOW windscreen for me (Puig Sport) - buffeting is at least 70% less. It keeps your head out of the turbulent air, more into laminar air flow = much less wind noise.

You can try it, just stand up when riding, it'll be much quieter.

But a clip-on visor should work great as well.

A taller windscreen would need to be much taller for me, I definitely don't like the look.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Clip on is a good way to go, keep it upright when you are out on the highway / fast roads and then turn it down flat when you hit the trail/gravel/slow rides. 

Keep the wind buffeting when out there going quick and then allow airflow when out there going slow!

Meet BigBlu - 2022 Tenere 700 | Yamaha OEM chain guide | Yamaha OEM crash guard | Givi Rear luggage rack | Givi BN42 top box | Black Widow 300mm Hexagonal exhaust | Acerbis High Fender | Windscreen risers | ProTaper Evo low handlebar | Oxford Integrated heated grips | Upshift Retro Speedblock Blue graphic kit | QuadLock wireless charger | BarkBuster Storm Handguards | Mitas E07+ rear tyre | Shinko E804 front tyre | MotoMount Radar screamer & LED visual alert | Custom half tail tidy kit |

31 minutes ago, motonap said:

Clip on is a good way to go, keep it upright when you are out on the highway / fast roads and then turn it down flat when you hit the trail/gravel/slow rides. 

Keep the wind buffeting when out there going quick and then allow airflow when out there going slow!

Which clip on do you recommend ?

12 minutes ago, Black99S said:

I'm looking at the Puig.

1 hour ago, Black99S said:

I would recommend the "OEM Yamaha Add-On Screen", it works for the narrow  T7 screen. Or if you find anything similar in terms of the mechanism for adjustments of the screen.

I have a bigger wider version that I bought off AliExpress, I have a feeling it may fly off some day because of how wide it is and how little of the T7 screen it mounts onto.

Meet BigBlu - 2022 Tenere 700 | Yamaha OEM chain guide | Yamaha OEM crash guard | Givi Rear luggage rack | Givi BN42 top box | Black Widow 300mm Hexagonal exhaust | Acerbis High Fender | Windscreen risers | ProTaper Evo low handlebar | Oxford Integrated heated grips | Upshift Retro Speedblock Blue graphic kit | QuadLock wireless charger | BarkBuster Storm Handguards | Mitas E07+ rear tyre | Shinko E804 front tyre | MotoMount Radar screamer & LED visual alert | Custom half tail tidy kit |

9 hours ago, motonap said:

I would recommend the "OEM Yamaha Add-On Screen", it works for the narrow  T7 screen. Or if you find anything similar in terms of the mechanism for adjustments of the screen.

I hd a MRA-Xcreen sport on my Africa Twin but it's too large for the T7. Haven't found any reviews of the Yamaha BW3F83M00000 and it's not available in Canada. The Puig narrow clip on I can get locally - looks like my only option.

On 1/25/2023 at 8:32 AM, johnnygolucky said:

I couldnt be happier with the T7Rally windshield adjuster. It works so well. 

Test rode a friends bike with the T7Rally adjuster. Not an extensive ride test I'll admit.

Couldn't find a sweet spot - seemed lowest was best for buffeting, but I', only 5'6" (169cm) tall. 

In the higher position it seemed more air and rain was blowing through under the screen.

I'll have to rely his bike again now that I have a T7 for back-t-back comparison.

• Moderators

@SKIPNOMAD Here's a thread with probably more information on the subject than you’ll ever want to know. 😉

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

3 hours ago, Black99S said:

Test rode a friends bike with the T7Rally adjuster. Not an extensive ride test I'll admit.

Couldn't find a sweet spot - seemed lowest was best for buffeting, but I', only 5'6" (169cm) tall. 

In the higher position it seemed more air and rain was blowing through under the screen.

I'll have to rely his bike again now that I have a T7 for back-t-back comparison.

Yeah that's a good point, I'm not sure how it would be for someone much smaller than me. I'm 6'1"tall ( 186cm) so when on the freeway with the adjuster high, it's perfect. 

On 2/6/2023 at 5:01 AM, Black99S said:

I hd a MRA-Xcreen sport on my Africa Twin but it's too large for the T7. Haven't found any reviews of the Yamaha BW3F83M00000 and it's not available in Canada. The Puig narrow clip on I can get locally - looks like my only option.

Try RuggedRoads, they will ship to anywhere in the world! 

Windscreen adjuster. Mainly because clip-ons vibrate more off-road, and the adjusters allow you to store additional items in between the screen and the dash. I personally have a front spare tube and a tow rope in that space.

I’m another fan of the windscreen adjuster, works well for me. I’d give it a try, they aren’t very expensive (@ $70) and if you don’t like it you can sell it. I also zip tied some thin plastic cutting board material in front of the display to protect it as it was getting pretty buggy and rained on, I imagine you could expand on that to reduce wind and rain blow by if that was a concern.

screen-t.jpg.458f49ea1c8d865a6ea7dddc7b963d0c.jpg

Ebay, cheap, simple and do the job.  There is a twin clamp model that works well too.