Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Old guys chickening out

NeilW

Buddy on 2023 Triumph 1200 Rally Explorer and I turned around as it was getting too slippery. He asked me about the quality of the Video from the Sena 50C so I happened to take this quick video at our turn around point. Fyi I spun my bike around on the Camel ADV Short Kickstand. Was way easier than a slippery U turn. Fyi being able to use speech to start and stop recording on the Sena 50C is a great feature. I was testing the OBV ADV Gear Grip Mitts. I was wearing summer gloves with liners and we were riding in rain the whole day until  we hit the snow. Not a drop of water on my gloves, even standing the whole time. This was near Chelatchie WA. https://youtu.be/xtybHQcVmDM

snow turn around.png

Edited by NeilW
  • Like 4

That ain't chickening out... there will be better days!

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

11 minutes ago, Hibobb said:

That ain't chickening out... there will be better days!

As it turned out, my buddy gassed it at the wrong moment on an uphil and his rear wheel let go and down he went. it is a 1:07 on the video 

I have BlueskySea DV988 dash cam filming 

Edited by NeilW

1 hour ago, NeilW said:

Fyi being able to use speech to start and stop recording on the Sena 50C is a great feature.

Can you program it to start recording when it hears you say "Oh Crap" or something similar... ?

Typed using my MS keyboard, Dell Laptop and attached Samsung monitor. 🙂

• Haha 3

Just now, Windblown said:

Can you program it to start recording when it hears you say "Oh Crap" or something similar... ?

Typed using my MS keyboard, Dell Laptop and attached Samsung monitor. 🙂

Ha, by then it is too late. But I literally have three cameras on board. My Sena 50C on my ADV helmet, The Front and rear dash cam and an "action camera" that does loop recording. 

27 minutes ago, NeilW said:

Ha, by then it is too late. But I literally have three cameras on board. My Sena 50C on my ADV helmet, The Front and rear dash cam and an "action camera" that does loop recording. 

sometimes I forget to turn off the Action cam and get this type of video - blowing my Klim Airbag - there goes $90 !   

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, NeilW said:

I find it to be enjoyable to get some on board footage now and then but sadly also find it can be an unwelcome distraction.  Last on board footage I shot and uploaded was in Jan of 2021.

Dang didn't realize it had been that long until I just now looked. 

• Like 1