Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Yamaha OEM rear rack and soft sides

axius

Hello, I haven't been able to find this specific information, please forgive me if it's somewhere already.

I'd like to get the oem rear rack plus a hard topcase for day to day storage for the added security when parking on the street,

but I would like to get soft rackless sidebags for longer trips.

Does anyone know any soft rackless sidebags that will work with the oem rear luggage rack ?

Thanks

If it's only the rack for the topcase you want to install, I think most if not all rackless sidebags should work. 

• 2 months later...

Sorry it took so long to reply.

I'm looking to use the 18l kriega soft panniers with the os base that looks like this:
65050005.jpg

but the oem rear rack looks like this:

yamaha oem rear rack + outback motortek symetrical pannier rack =  compatible ? - Yamaha Tenere 700 General Discussion - Yamaha Tenere 700  Forum

Just looking at the images, they seem to conflict with each other.

I love my oem rear rack. Perfect grab handles and excellent way to strap down a duffel bag. I plan on getting a top hardcase eventually (just not in the budget at the moment). You could always modify the soft pannier system to fit, or install some metal side racks (?)

• Like 1

• Members

Giant loops soft panniers work well with the OEM side racks.  You can also use their quick-mount hardware, but if you are using the hard panniers, you have to remove the pannier mounts from the rack for the quick mounts to work.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2023 at 4:16 PM, axius said:

Sorry it took so long to reply.

I'm looking to use the 18l kriega soft panniers with the os base that looks like this:
65050005.jpg

but the oem rear rack looks like this:

yamaha oem rear rack + outback motortek symetrical pannier rack =  compatible ? - Yamaha Tenere 700 General Discussion - Yamaha Tenere 700  Forum

Just looking at the images, they seem to conflict with each other.

Hi,

that won’t fit. 

But you could go for Enduristan Monsoon like this dude:

Or Enduristan Blizzard like I use. For easier mounting I added buckles to the mainstraps. Will make a detailed pictures later:

IMG_0518.png.bd8a00b63dced3fcd3acaada1569a922.png

Edited by bikeever
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, bikeever said:

Hi,

that won’t fit. 

But you could go for Enduristan Monsoon like this dude:

Or Enduristan Blizzard like I use. For easier mounting I added buckles to the mainstraps. Will make a detailed pictures later:

IMG_0518.png.bd8a00b63dced3fcd3acaada1569a922.png

Agree, I think the Blizzards might be the most flexible panniers regarding rack compatibility.

I know for sure that Mosko Reckless stuff will NOT fit well because of the wide handles on the OEM rack.

By the way @bikeever , nice XT in the background 😍

• Like 1

That is exactly what I was looking for, thank you so much for the info. Now I have to see where I can get them from 🙂

I like the look of the Blizzards.

• Like 2

Hi @bikeever, which size would you recommend for the tenere ? would XL have enough clearance with the exhaust or should I go for a smaller size ?

Thanks again 🙂

1 hour ago, axius said:

Hi @bikeever, which size would you recommend for the tenere ? would XL have enough clearance with the exhaust or should I go for a smaller size ?

Thanks again 🙂

Hi,

I have the Blizzards in large along with a small Enduristan XS Large base pack on top. I mount them over an Adventure spec rear rack only. Super secure, narrow, completely waterproof and easy to access and take off if needed. Very high quality I have to say. I've done two big 8 day tour of Scotland and fitted everything in no problem including T shirt every day, evening wear/jacket/trainers, tubes, tools etc. We didn't camp to be clear.

I bought mine from Rugged Roads with brilliant service.

Rich

IMG_20200927_121803.jpg

IMG_20210701_094405.jpg

Edited by Rich TT
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Rich TT said:

logo.jpg

IMG_20200927_121803.jpg

If that's L, I would guess the XL might touch the exhaust. I'm thinking about getting either L or XL.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MrAGuitar said:

If that's L, I would guess the XL might touch the exhaust. I'm thinking about getting either L or XL.

I do run them quite low, but they will pull higher up. I've seen others with XL on this forum and they get away with it.

If you have side-racks (which I don't), then it's even less of a problem.

Rich

• Like 1

Here you can see the added buckles. Now I can easily feed the straps through the handles instead of throw the bags over them. 

IMG_0531.jpeg.6e79c55bbc06e3d6502ed1bbaef3a5f7.jpegIMG_0532.jpeg.7fabb36ac403516469b62cc957da83b3.jpegIMG_0533.jpeg.e622dd75969f38a24be22a2a24f5ab36.jpegIMG_0534.jpeg.0500fb82481984fdaca0c678d4a7bcfa.jpeg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Finally, I got something that fits the OEM top rack. Enduristan Blizzard XL, It's a nice fit, and enough clearance from the exhaust.

20230609_192554.jpg

20230609_192619.jpg

20230609_192627.jpg

• Like 2