Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

What is the name of this part?

Oxxa

Check Partzilla.com. There you can find diagrams of the T7 that will give you name and part number. And you can buy it there as well, of course.

The part in question is a protector for the engine casing and not to stop your pants getting burned.

1 minute ago, electric_monk said:

The part in question is a protector for the engine casing and not to stop your pants getting burned.

No its not. I was asking about the small plastic NIKE shaped thing on top of the engine casing cover.

Mine’s been in the spare parts bin since being removed to gain more shin space. Your pants won’t melt without it, but I’ll sell ya mine if you really think it’s necessary. 

• Haha 1

• Members

Here is the part you’re looking for:  

Buy Yamaha BW3-15499-00-00 - PROTECTOR COVER. This OEM part is guaranteed by Yamaha's limited part warranty ✓ FREE Shipping on qualified orders - Partzilla.com

Foundit on the crank case cover diagram.  Number 19. 

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/yamaha/motorcycle/2021/tenere-700-xtz7mcgy/crankcase-cover-1