Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

All T7 owners please vote 😁

JayD

Cracked non-structural tubes? (That holds the bashplate)  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Have you experienced this on YOUR T7 (STD & WR)?

• Yes
    • No

For an upcoming video I’d love to hear how many T7 (STD & WR) owners who have experienced/not experienced cracking in the tubes that go under the engine, the ones that the bashplate connect to.

Thanks a lot!

Just to add two cents here.  The down tubes are non structural, as the engine block is a stressed member and the frame goes over the top of the engine.  The only reason for them is to provide physical protection of the engine front and have a place to support the skid plate.  This means all the abuse of the skid plate, or bash plate, is transferred to the mounting points that are breaking.  The tubes may be to light for the severe duty some put them under, however, everyone worries about the weight of a bike so I can't blame Yamaha for going light in this non structural member.   The down tubes are easily fixed/repaired/replaced.

Edited by Toymaster
  • Like 6

If this is a problem @Camel ADVwill provide another “fix”.   

However, when you watch Cory’s video, you will learn, there’s  not a problem.  

Edited by Redneckj
  • Like 3

• Supporting Vendor
19 minutes ago, Redneckj said:

If this is a problem @Camel ADVwill provide another “fix”.   

However, when you watch Cory’s video, you will learn, there’s  not a problem.  

If it were a problem, I doubt it would have taken four 4yrs to pop up! Seems like isolated incidents. I have a friend that owns a bike rental agency in Salt Lake City ... the stories I've heard from him are crazy. Rental ADV bikes do not have an easy life!

• Like 4

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

Just saw your video @Camel ADV. Sent you an e-mail yesterday before going to bed about this for this video and woke up to a video from you 😁 I’ll still release mine with the data I’ve gathered. Thanks for clearing things up!

• Supporting Vendor
5 minutes ago, JayD said:

Just saw your video @Camel ADV. Sent you an e-mail yesterday before going to bed about this for this video and woke up to a video from you 😁 I’ll still release mine with the data I’ve gathered. Thanks for clearing things up!

I just saw your email JayD. I'm happy to help with whatever you need.

Bits and pieces for your adventure bike. Camel-ADV.com

6 hours ago, Camel ADV said:

If it were a problem, I doubt it would have taken four 4yrs to pop up! Seems like isolated incidents. I have a friend that owns a bike rental agency in Salt Lake City ... the stories I've heard from him are crazy. Rental ADV bikes do not have an easy life!

I really dug your working theory on how they managed to break a tube on two bikes. When I first caught wind of the broken T700s video and heard "Bike rental company" I pretty much wrote off any concern given the lack of history of an issue but I admit I was scratching my head trying to figure out how they had managed to break the tubes.  At first I thought perhaps they had no bars and endless drops to their sides eventually did them in. Your video on the subject seems a likely explanation, especially if the bars they chose to run (assuming they were running bars) lacked a well designed cross bar to distribute the load in a drop.  

Thanks for the vid.

• Like 5

Oh yeah, youtubers trying to jump aboard the rolling train, simply repeating what they've seen elsewhere.

No front, but if you can't contribute with actual knowledge, let the professionals do their job and remain silent (on YT).

Here, at our forums, at least things are being discussed. It's not about clicks and thumpups and subscribers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The parts are not even that dear to buy new if do damage them.

Id nearly look at taking them off when doing my work on bike, measure them up and in time for shits and giggle weld up a spare just for amusement

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Tenerider said:

Oh yeah, youtubers trying to jump aboard the rolling train, simply repeating what they've seen elsewhere.

No front, but if you can't contribute with actual knowledge, let the professionals do their job and remain silent (on YT).

Here, at our forums, at least things are being discussed. It's not about clicks and thumpups and subscribers.

You’ll have to come down from your high horse if you want to talk to me, can’t hear you from up there.

6 minutes ago, JayD said:

You’ll have to come down from your high horse if you want to talk to me, can’t hear you from up there.

Sorry for the hard words.

But I'm personally fed up with YT vids with more or less suggestive titles, answering the questions in the last few seconds usually, trying to keep watchers as long as possible on their channel.

I know almost everybody does it. But take Cory for example: Comes straight to the point and THEN explains in detail what is probably happening. He is actually giving insight to his very own experience and ideas.

Frankly speaking, IMHO, you're repeating stuff you've read or heard or seen elsewhere in this video (in contrary to some of your other videos). Yes, you have collected some data, I get that.

Do your stuff, sorry for offending you with my previous post and probably this one, too, but that's how I think about it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Tenerider said:

But I'm personally fed up with YT vids with more or less suggestive titles, answering the questions in the last few seconds usually, trying to keep watchers as long as possible on their channel.

I know almost everybody does it. But take Cory for example: Comes straight to the point and THEN explains in detail what is probably happening. He is actually giving insight to his very own experience and ideas.

Frankly speaking, IMHO, you're repeating stuff you've read or heard or seen elsewhere in this video (in contrary to some of your other videos). Yes, you have collected some data, I get that.

Do your stuff, sorry for offending you with my previous post and probably this one, too, but that's how I think about it.

No offence taken!

I’ll be completely honest with you, I don’t like that side of Youtube either. From a creators perspective though, you do have to wrap topics up in an interesting package, or no one would watch. I don’t like this game of chasing views, but that’s Youtube for you..

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JayD said:

No offence taken!

I’ll be completely honest with you, I don’t like that side of Youtube either. From a creators perspective though, you do have to wrap topics up in an interesting package, or no one would watch. I don’t like this game of chasing views, but that’s Youtube for you..

Probably too true. I may be not mainstream enough for that 😁

I make video's from my trips for me and the people who want to see them, not the people who don't.

Would be nice i could live from the channel but to get there and stay there it will be a full time job and in the end you risk sticking with the job and lost the hobby.

If i stick with just a few followers but stay true to myself and have fun I'm fine with it.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Ray Ride4life said:

I make video's from my trips for me and the people who want to see them, not the people who don't.

Would be nice i could live from the channel but to get there and stay there it will be a full time job and in the end you risk sticking with the job and lost the hobby.

If i stick with just a few followers but stay true to myself and have fun I'm fine with it.

Amen.  Turning an enjoyable hobby into a job is often not all it's cracked up to be.  The ones who truly have the gift don't resort to dirty little tricks to get views. Their content speaks for itself. I discovered it's not my talent to make riding videos for the masses, LOL.  My short MC related how to's sometimes find a good amount of traction. If I ever decide to dable in Youtube videos again I think that is where my focus will likely be. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tenerider said:

I cant agree more.  So sick of the click bait titles that are BS.  I quit following some channels because of how they title their video.  "Swanky Cat" and others.  I quit watching the videos just for that reason.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 10 months later...
On 2/22/2023 at 8:20 PM, Windblown said:

Amen.  Turning an enjoyable hobby into a job is often not all it's cracked up to be.  The ones who truly have the gift don't resort to dirty little tricks to get views. Their content speaks for itself. I discovered it's not my talent to make riding videos for the masses, LOL.  My short MC related how to's sometimes find a good amount of traction. If I ever decide to dable in Youtube videos again I think that is where my focus will likely be. 

Absolutely agree! Authenticity shines through, and those with a true gift don't need gimmicks for attention. Focusing on your passion, like your short motorcycle-related how-to videos, allows your genuine talent to speak for itself. If you return to YouTube, that niche sounds like a great fit for showcasing your expertise. Stay true to what you enjoy! 🏍️🎥