Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Original yamaha cras bars

Jay t 7

6 hours ago, Jay t 7 said:

Are they any good? 

I've got them on mine. Simple to fit and they're very solid indeed. You can grab the top loop and pull hard and it doesn't move. Good strong finish on them too.

Not "tested" them if you know what I mean, but I'm pleased. The only downside is how they cover the logo on the side panel, but I can live with that.

Rich

• Thanks 1

Thanks rich I pick up my comp white t 7  next week just trying to work out which gen acc  I ll get 

1 hour ago, Rich TT said:

I've got them on mine. Simple to fit and they're very solid indeed. You can grab the top loop and pull hard and it doesn't move. Good strong finish on them too.

Not "tested" them if you know what I mean, but I'm pleased. The only downside is how they cover the logo on the side panel, but I can live with that.

Rich

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jay t 7 said:

Thanks rich I pick up my comp white t 7  next week just trying to work out which gen acc  I ll get 

You'll love it. Best handling and fastest colour too apparently....😉

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rich TT said:

You'll love it. Best handling and fastest colour too apparently....😉

I thought we all agreed the ice white (blue one) is the fastest colour 🤔😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Jay t 7 said:

Hey rich I noticed u have yamaha bash plate how do u rate it iam also thinking of getting rad stone gaurd as well your thoughts would be appreciated 

Thanks jay

• 1 year later...

Fell over in a slope terrain, about 10 km/h, hard surface. The crash bar saved the plastic, but I had to jack the bar back out about 2 centimeters

• 2 weeks later...

In appearamce the OEM crash bars seems solid and strong.

But reality is a bit different. I have bent the left crash bar in a paved road at 20km/h. The crash bar was deformed and touching the plastic trim.

The main problem under my point of view is that left and right bars are not connected trough the front of the bike as other brands make.

• 5 months later...

With that oem crash bar, it looks like the cross member is attached direct to a tab on the engine case.

Somebody correct me if that's wrong. But it seems like a hard drop on the front corner of the bars could easy snap off that tab and possibly knock off a chunk of the engine.

At least bars attached to the cradle tubes can only bend the tubes, and they'd be easy to replace.

Also one of the Aussie blokes pointed out the long pull clutch lever interferes with the oem bars. So that matters if you want one of those.

: