Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

2023 V-Strom 800DE

AZJW

• Moderators

Press release from Suzuki, 11/08/22.

My first impressions....... that Beak! Possible BMW copyright infringement?  😉

No weight specs, but with a 5.3 gallon fuel tank, surely they'll quote dry with no fluids to keep it close to the T7.

ABS has 4 modes, but best I can tell, you cannot turn off the front wheel.

A Ride-by-wire throttle is used, but in subsequent text it states to be " Mechanically uncomplicated"? 

Ride modes ( including a Low RPM Assist) and a quick shifter are standard.

Sub-frame is huge, but is removable.   Good thing as it looks like Suzuki thought the Yamaha method of welding on the exhaust hanger mount was a good thing?

Engine appears to be a stressed member so it has the same style support down tubes as the T7.  

Seat looks too wide for any " serious" off road riding, but maybe it's supposed to be more street oriented? 

Oh, did I mention that Beak? 😉

Advance your Adventure with the all-new 2023 V-STROM 800DE.

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Ya, I have been watching the suzuki too. Ya, the beak is ridiculous!

The Transalp 750 and 800 V-strom will be more of a comparison, and compete with each other.

The Tenere will still rule the off-road oriented version of the midrange ADV bikes.

Sadly the newer Tenere's are getting more electronic crap... bells and whistles for generation X, Y, Z ...

Secretly, I am hoping Putin will release a Electromagnetic Bomb (a weapon of Electrical Mass Destruction), and bikes will need to return to their glory years.

• Like 2

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

1 hour ago, Hibobb said:

The Transalp 750 and 800 V-strom will be more of a comparison, and compete with each other.

The Tenere will still rule the off-road oriented version of the midrange ADV bikes.

Damn right it will.  Reliability Rules!

• Like 1

No interest in getting rid of my T7 but damn I'd love to have a spin on both the new Suzuki and the Honda mid sized adv rides. It doesn't look like anyone wants to come after Yamaha off road but no doubt the Honda will be a great tourer and maybe the V-Strom will split the difference? 

More than anything I'm interested in the new Suzuki engine. I had an SV650S alongside my Tenere but sold it after a few months. I know that 650 v-twin is beloved but man the whole bike was a bore compared to the Tenere. Better on the highway sure but so would be an R7. Additionally I have no idea how people ride V-Strom 650's offroad, that engine hates low rpm where the CP2 chugs right along. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I did have a little sit on one at the bike show in London  a couple of weeks ago - please don’t judge 

3AE09E49-E195-4683-ADFA-B7C158AFE12A.jpeg

• Like 1

The beard is ok, but you need to trim those hairs coming out of your ears.  😁

Edited by winddown

• 2 weeks later...

It’s so ugly… And 1990’s IMO. 

(The Suzuki, not the beard) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/27/2023 at 8:43 AM, advsquid said:

No interest in getting rid of my T7 but damn I'd love to have a spin on both the new Suzuki and the Honda mid sized adv rides.

lol, yeah, I'll ride any bike (except a Harley) anywhere.  As long as it's not mine the pressure is off and I can really push it.  I was having an argument with a dickweek on a forum years ago who said I was a sook for saying that I slow down through suburban round-a-bouts on my then new Hayabusa.  I said "hey, I don't have a problem taking them fast, bring your bike over for the morning and show I'll show you what I can do when I'm not worried about dropping a new bike in a diesel spill."

• Like 1