Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Returning already . Missed my tenere

razz007

So having spent a few weeks on the MT09 , it’s time to part are ways and get back on to the tenere we all know and love . Will be the same colours as last time . It’ll be a uk 23 plate too . Am really looking forward to getting some off road in asap . 👍🏻

F56A2D23-68DB-4435-9A52-1C91668CD7C1.jpeg

• Like 3

The mt had its limits but I’ll always say it was fun , but the tenere is much more fun and I am so looking forward to getting back into the rough stuff again . Plus the comfort , dryer back side in the rain , doesn’t matter if it falls over , better mileage , the tenere is just superb in all that it does . Tail tidy ordered , engine bars going on before collection , 16t sprocket , R6 throttle tube are all ready to be fitted , I’ll not sleep much this week ….. oh the waiting 😂

I tend to keep bikes for a decade or longer but once I was sure the T7 was a keeper I spent a fortune on upgrades to make it perfect, so to speak.  I couldn't sell it now even I wanted to lol.  Are you changing the tires from day one Razz? 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, winddown said:

I tend to keep bikes for a decade or longer but once I was sure the T7 was a keeper I spent a fortune on upgrades to make it perfect, so to speak.  .....

I've found it best just to keep adding to my garage.   If I buy something I don't like then I'll sell it but that seldom, if ever, happens.  I'm one of those that researches, knows what the market offers, and always know more about the product than the salesperson does. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, winddown said:

I tend to keep bikes for a decade or longer but once I was sure the T7 was a keeper I spent a fortune on upgrades to make it perfect, so to speak.  I couldn't sell it now even I wanted to lol.  Are you changing the tires from day one Razz? 

Hello there , I will change the tyres once I have got thru the stock ones , I was starting to get the hang of them on the last one , was surprised where I could get to be honest   

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Toymaster said:

I'm one of those that researches, knows what the market offers, and always know more about the product than the salesperson does. 

Yeah, and not hard these days.  Salesmen don't have a clue, you're lucky if they can find the key.  Interestingly over on another forum there is a big cadre of riders seriously interested in this flood of chinese bikes now on the market?  I just don't get that.  A car, well no, but maybe.  A chinese built and branded motorcycle?  Friggin Never!  It's a strange world we live in...

She’s ready for tomorrows collections 👍🏻 exhaust first to get fitted once home , tail tidy at the weekend , yeeeee harrrrrrr . Oh and snow coming too , so that should be awesome fun 

18 hours ago, winddown said:

...... Interestingly over on another forum there is a big cadre of riders seriously interested in this flood of chinese bikes now on the market?  I just don't get that.  A car, well no, but maybe.  A chinese built and branded motorcycle?  Friggin Never!  It's a strange world we live in...

Strange world indeed....it's not so long ago that we used to dismiss everything Japanese. I'd ride around on my oily, unreliable Triumph, looking down on those fools who rode new, shiny, oil tight Japanese 'copies' of real bikes. Now, I'm happiest tooling around on my Indian built Royal Enfield, my Thai built CRF250L, or my French assembled Tenere. Check out the specs on some of the CF Moto bikes - or the latest Benelli and Moto Morini models, both Chinese brands today.  I've got reservations about buying a Chinese bike too, but they're not based on engineering issues.