Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Hello from France

Elliot

Hi all,

I’m going to be a new T7 owner in a few month when the dealer will have some stock. I ordered a T7 Extreme Edition (France, Germany and Italy only) and looking to ask some question and post some photo when I will receive my bike.

For the moment I have a GS 310 which is at the dealer for reparation for a few month , and I also got a DR 650 which is also not working :/, that’s why I hope to receive my T7  very soon.

Thanks ! See you on the forum

• Like 2

Good choice Elliot.

And some big places to express offroad in France. I am in haute savoie which is not great but just over in Ain lots of open tracks and parts of the TET. 

8 hours ago, Elliot said:

Hi all,

I’m going to be a new T7 owner in a few month when the dealer will have some stock. I ordered a T7 Extreme Edition (France, Germany and Italy only) and looking to ask some question and post some photo when I will receive my bike.

For the moment I have a GS 310 which is at the dealer for reparation for a few month , and I also got a DR 650 which is also not working :/, that’s why I hope to receive my T7  very soon.

Thanks ! See you on the forum

Welcome! Im curious to see what the extreme edition is! ( is it the same as the “world raid?”)

I too previously owned a g310gs, loads of fun, but once I rode my T7 it was amazing how small and underpowered the little GS felt...  I hope you get your bike soon! 

On 2/28/2023 at 7:17 PM, RoyFrance said:

Good choice Elliot.

And some big places to express offroad in France. I am in haute savoie which is not great but just over in Ain lots of open tracks and parts of the TET. 

I’m also in the south (Alpes Maritimes), I just need to see if there is some tracks near me when I get the T7 to learn proper offroad 

19 hours ago, PondHawk said:

Welcome! Im curious to see what the extreme edition is! ( is it the same as the “world raid?”)

I too previously owned a g310gs, loads of fun, but once I rode my T7 it was amazing how small and underpowered the little GS felt...  I hope you get your bike soon! 

This new edition is a standard T7 with some equipment which are : radiator guard, titanium footpegs, chain guard, high enduro style front fenders, rally seat and with all that you get the KYB fully adjustable suspension from the World Raid ! Front and rear !

It add 900€ to the standard so that’s quite a good deal !

Yeah I tried a Triumph Scrambler 900 and after that going back to my little GS you feel underpowered when trying to overtake, appart from that I have not a lot to complain about especially for the price. I hope to receive the T7 between April and June (they don’t start shipping before that)

Hi The Triumph scrambler 900 is an excellent motorcycle. Cars and motorcycles both suffer from corrosion, and a Scrambler's corrosion can cause additional problems. Corrosion on a motorcycle can affect the bike's wiring if it isn't addressed quickly. Corrosion-related electrical issues included problems starting, out-of-functioning headlights, and out-of-functioning dash lights. Have you had any difficulties?