Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Two New Ténéré 700 Editions. BUT…

Yasenia

So Yamaha announced on February 28th, two new editions of the T7 for the European market - of course! The Ténéré 700 Extreme and the Explore. 

Am I the only one who is sick and tired of Manufactures, specially Yamaha releasing models in Europe only and not the US and Canada? I want the World Raid model but of course it’s not available in the US, and who knows when it will make it to the US. I imagine it will but I’ll grow grey hair by then.

Here in the US we didn’t even get the upgraded turn signals they did in Europe. Which meet DOT requirements. Oh no, we get the same big o’ turn signals that bounce up and down more than a stripper’s boobs dancing her routine, even in the least technical terrain. Did the 2022 and 2023 US version even get the TFT display? We can’t even buy the OEM grip warmers. “It’s only available in Europe.” I was told at a Yamaha dealer. 

So what is the illogical logic behind such a lousy thing? Please don’t tell me that the European market is the largest. May be larger combined than that of the US and Canada combined, but not the largest in the world. I am willing to bet that there are more bikes in Asia and in all other countries in America outside the US and Canada than in Europe. anyone who has traveled internationally knows what I am talking about.  The T7 sold extremely well in the US. With people waiting months to get one.  Why can’t they give us better versions? 

In essence what Yamaha is doing is daunting a bunch of super hungry dogs with a nice juicy steak that is only giving the dogs on the other side of the fence. That’s not cool! Perhaps it’s our fault. Perhaps if more people took the time to complain to the manufactures directly, not the dealers, things might change. That’s just my two ignorant cents and yes i am venting cause I hate it. 

mqdefault-10.jpg

When it comes to the Yamaha Tenere 700, the Europeans get all the fun […]

• Like 3

Decisions taken by manufacturers are not always logic. I drive a Mustang. Ford produces them since 1964, they're officially sold in Europe since 2013. It took them only 50 years to acknowledge there also is a European market...

15 minutes ago, qInvention said:

Decisions taken by manufacturers are not always logic. I drive a Mustang. Ford produces them since 1964, they're officially sold in Europe since 2013. It took them only 50 years to acknowledge there also is a European market...

Wow, really! That’s crazy!

2 hours ago, Yasenia said:

Wow, really! That’s crazy!

Yeah we had the capri. Beautiful. The mustang in the old days wouldn’t have been able to get down most of our streets. They were made for horses. I think/hope  you’ll get the other models, but France is the test bed as they’ve always been number one for these bikes. We haven’t got the new models in uk either yet. 

I heard that US/Canada models are made in Japan and UK models are built in France...

• Like 1

Aside from the changes to suspension, bodywork and other bolt-on bits, these bikes are basically the same as the standard T7 model; same engine, same frame, and so on.

I think I'd save my money for quality upgrades, not half-measure upgrades.

• Like 1

Ok removing the WR model, of these new ones above one upgrade i see is suspension.

All other stuff is just to make it slightly more modern beside other bikes.

- Colour screen also loose the bottoms on the screen and now have scroll through a menu

- LED indicator, hell I got a set of 4 flexible ones and a relay online for less that €30 and work well

- usb port??? bike comes with one and new one has 2, again buy a spare and the connector and hole is there for it on right hand side. I don't like usb ports in the open so I fitted a battery monitor and second usb port in my tank bag.

- 3 ABS modes, I bought the bike for simplicity so on/off is all I want. Now with colour screen this is a few more steps than just pressing the on/off button

- no buttons also means if break the switch on the throttle side controls you have no control over dash. least on old model you still have control via the dash buttons

- Suspension, now yes I would have liked new one for this alone however the cost difference means I can buy previous model and customise it plus get the suspension setup for me (plus custom suspension better will be better than any than generic one)

I toyed with this then said "wait" older model is cheaper, less tech to worry about and I can upgrade it to the same if not better spec for same of less money

In Ireland the 2022 model was sold off at a €1.5k reduction, 2023 basic model was €500 more than previous prices making this a €2k difference at retail from 2022 to 2023. Then newer versions will be more expensive again making it a rather expensive bike and pushing it close to ktm 890 prices. reason i got T7 over a KTM (which i so wanted) was a simple basic reliable and cheap bike. I think new models and removing most of those advantages bar reliability

Oh and new decals on the blue model

Edited by john_aero
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a T7 and did not realize that we in the US don't get the upgrades...it's still in the crate.  I do want the third ABS mode...I don't need the ability to lock up the front wheel, the times that I've done that did not go well.  Seems like it might be possible to retrofit that, but probably not worth it.  

Oh well, it's still a great bike, can't wait to ride it.

who cares..  as eu citizen my self.. i have modded my bike so far that even there newer models don't have much to offer except abs and colour screen witch i don't need either way.

just plugged my rear break like on the abs pump.  as on road i use mainly front and off road mainly my rear.   coloured dash i don't see the benefit of.

if i had the choice again. knowing what i know.. id go stock and Mod's again. 

On 3/3/2023 at 5:09 AM, Yasenia said:

Am I the only one who is sick and tired of Manufactures, specially Yamaha releasing models in Europe only and not the US and Canada?

Well the Euro ones are made in France, the Aussie ones in Japan that just up north.  The US is 10,000km from japan.  In a word, shipping.   But hell, you sepos have the pan america, so you know, buy local 😁

Is that two Harley rings that guy is wearing?  What a friggin picture, off their website too.  Guy rides in wearing a helmet, swaps it for a beanie, then splashes his face to cool down?  Those guys are clueless.  Probably brought the bike in on a truck and lowered it down there beside the water :imaposer

adventure-motorcycle-overlap-media-card.jpg.b08b8b50be78b5fddfe205ed775f070b.jpg

• Haha 2