Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Console tilt possible?

motonap

This one is strange, I have searched the web, Youtube and FB groups and there is no mention of something like this anywhere. 

How did question come about? A friend and I swapped rides this afternoon to get a feel for the mods he wants on his bike from mine and what I want from his bike on mine.

So when I was riding his bike, I noticed that the console on his bike was tilted upwards which made it difficult to read in the afternoon sun and it just seemed really odd and out of place. 

When we stopped to hop back onto our own bikes I looked at both consoles from the side and see different angles for both. So my question - Are the consoles adjustable for viewing angle?

Both bikes are MY22, my T7 is blue and his T7 is black which is where difference from new ends!

Pic below - the T7 with the tilt in the foreground.

IMG_4114-min.JPG.2cda2e0c92b06bb13ed4bbe47e612044.JPG

Pic below - my T7 

IMG_4115-min.JPG.71e9d7d6b212842f481fdb66f57b7954.JPG

Meet BigBlu - 2022 Tenere 700 | Yamaha OEM chain guide | Yamaha OEM crash guard | Givi Rear luggage rack | Givi BN42 top box | Black Widow 300mm Hexagonal exhaust | Acerbis High Fender | Windscreen risers | ProTaper Evo low handlebar | Oxford Integrated heated grips | Upshift Retro Speedblock Blue graphic kit | QuadLock wireless charger | BarkBuster Storm Handguards | Mitas E07+ rear tyre | Shinko E804 front tyre | MotoMount Radar screamer & LED visual alert | Custom half tail tidy kit |

Did he buy the bike new or used? In case of used the previous owner might have changed the angle because i never heard of a tiltable display before i watched Bret Tcacs yesterday reviewing the Multistrada V4, that one has 3 tilt positions.

16 minutes ago, Ray Ride4life said:

Did he buy the bike new or used? In case of used the previous owner might have changed the angle because i never heard of a tiltable display before i watched Bret Tcacs yesterday reviewing the Multistrada V4, that one has 3 tilt positions.

Same for me. By default I would say it is not tiltable.

On 3/11/2023 at 8:41 PM, Ray Ride4life said:

On 3/11/2023 at 8:58 PM, Tenerider said:

Same for me. By default I would say it is not tiltable.

Brand new from the dealer!

Meet BigBlu - 2022 Tenere 700 | Yamaha OEM chain guide | Yamaha OEM crash guard | Givi Rear luggage rack | Givi BN42 top box | Black Widow 300mm Hexagonal exhaust | Acerbis High Fender | Windscreen risers | ProTaper Evo low handlebar | Oxford Integrated heated grips | Upshift Retro Speedblock Blue graphic kit | QuadLock wireless charger | BarkBuster Storm Handguards | Mitas E07+ rear tyre | Shinko E804 front tyre | MotoMount Radar screamer & LED visual alert | Custom half tail tidy kit |

15 minutes ago, motonap said:

Brand new from the dealer!

Then i would suggest to ask the dealer about it.

• Like 1

is it tilted or not fitted correctly?

I have found few items on my new bike that were evidence of slightly rushed assembly or a lazy operator.

Its not fitted correctly. I've taken out the screen a few times to add some wiring behind it, and if it isn't clicked into a slot or placed properly on the cradle it sits at an angle like that. I've even assembled everything, and noticed after sitting on the biked, then had to removed and re-do it

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, ScorpionT16 said:

Its not fitted correctly. I've taken out the screen a few times to add some wiring behind it, and if it isn't clicked into a slot or placed properly on the cradle it sits at an angle like that. I've even assembled everything, and noticed after sitting on the biked, then had to removed and re-do it

That was going to be my response.