Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Just picked mine up -Calgary, Canada

2wheelexplorer

It took longer than I expected (almost a full year) but got to ride mine ('23 in black) home yesterday. Got in the queue early last summer and got the call last weekend. Dealer said it's going to be another limited year for getting inventory so I'm glad I decided to put my name down when I did. Put 14 km on it, but winter is still here for a bit. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

Welcome to the forum.  Post up pics of your riding area,  which will be when the snow melts most likely?  😉

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

On 3/19/2023 at 1:27 PM, 2wheelexplorer said:

It took longer than I expected (almost a full year) but got to ride mine ('23 in black) home yesterday. Got in the queue early last summer and got the call last weekend. Dealer said it's going to be another limited year for getting inventory so I'm glad I decided to put my name down when I did. Put 14 km on it, but winter is still here for a bit. 

Welcome to the forum!

So, as a guy who dailies a T7 here in Calgary all winter: Normally, I'm all about pushing people to stop being babies and get out and ride, however... The stock Pirelli's are REALLY bad in snow/ice.  Really, REALLY bad, particularly when they're cold. That M+S branding on them is utter BS.  They also, incidentally, suck in mud and deep gravel. I strongly recommend going to a high silica tire because our weather is so incredibly erratic around spring and fall - I'm a huge proponent of Motoz here, but there's others too that work well.  Rallz rear, Dual Venture front; Adventure rear, Dual Venture front, or just GPS's.   I ran studded Adventures after my initial struggles with the Pirelli's (which are terrible even when studded) but this year I didn't even bother swapping back to the studded adventures and have just run my GPS's all winter.  

For edge seasons, I'm gonna recommend grabbing a set of OBR Adv 3/4 grip mitts, and some heated grips.  Between the two you're set for warm hands even when it's REALLY cold, and as we get so much time where roads and clear and it's sunny, but still cold, that can be quite helpful.  

• Like 1