Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

AntiGravity Battery…?

Zebco Kid

Hello, I’m told that I can shed a few pounds by switching to an Antigravity Battery. I went to the website and punched in a 2022 Tenere. The answer was pretty broad. 

can someone tell me which one is the right one? I hope it’s not a complicated thing. 

Thanj you. 

Edited by Zebco Kid

21 hours ago, Zebco Kid said:

Hello. Yes it is. Still new with 4 miles. 

I’m returning tomorrow from Baja. Have the 2022. 

Awesome! Performed flawlessly. 

David

Reveal hidden contents

• Moderators

@Zebco Kid When I went to the anti-gravity website, using their battery finder, I didn't see a Lithium option for a 2022 Tenere, just 2019-2021.  I would think you'll be fine with that, but you should contact them if you're looking for a Micro-start, as yes, they don't list by application.

I've dealt with them regarding a question on my Beta dirtbike awhile back and they were quick to respond and very easy to deal with. 

cropped-antigravity-siteIcon.png

For innovative Lithium-Ion products related to Motorsports, Powersports, and Adventure, there is no name more trustworthy than ANTIGRAVITY BATTERIES.

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Thank you. By the way…I love the Oliver Wendell Holmes quote. Having returned from 5 days in Baja yesterday, along with some younger bucks,  there was a 59 year old (me), a 64 year old, a 72 year old, and a 74 year old. All were tearing it up. 

Cheers.

ZK

154FC613-6C82-4CBB-831E-506A13EC946A.jpeg.b2c7be0e10b90891197d9718267bd621.jpeg

7D5EA68F-D053-495D-B3BB-B99AC0901FD4.jpeg

Edited by Zebco Kid
  • Like 1

Just remember, if you buy a new battery and it has BMS to keep it from discharging too low like the anti gravity does, if for some reason, you do let it discharge to the point the BMS will "shut the battery off", you must reset it before it will take a charge. 2 of my riding buddies thought the batteries were bad and wouldn't take a charge because they let them get to the low charge state and the BMS effectively "cuts off" the battery until you reset it.

Edited by Firebolter

Hey Firebolter,

Thank you for the education. I followed up with your note. This video supports what you shared, and has some other good information: