Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Anyone Anyone swap from the Super Tenere 1200 to the Tenere 700?

vilageidgit62

• 4 weeks later...

Weight!    I need a lighter bike for gravel travel.  Going with soft bags to keep weight down and a commitment to travel lighter!   Not sure, but might keep the S10 for a while.  She has been a good bike and hate to part with her.  Hope they  get along.

2012 S10 Farwell Canyon, BC.jpg

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 1/28/2020 at 8:32 PM, Dazza said:

Be nice if the T7made grunt like the s10.

Nice, but an impossible dream, 500 cc less. Not comparable. Can’t compare. Nice if R6 made R1 power same impossibility. What is nice is the lighter weight and being quicker over most types of ground.

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, Petebcca said:

Weight!    I need a lighter bike for gravel travel.  Going with soft bags to keep weight down and a commitment to travel lighter!   Not sure, but might keep the S10 for a while.  She has been a good bike and hate to part with her.  Hope they  get along.

2012 S10 Farwell Canyon, BC.jpg

Big old steady sister and darty wee young sister should get along each has their own way and place.

On 2/25/2020 at 7:38 AM, X Plane said:

Big old steady sister and darty wee young sister should get along each has their own way and place.

Sisters never fight, no, not at all.

oh no..........I see trouble ahead!

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I’ve not bought a T7 yet (several reasons, but main one being that a baby comes in late summer), but running a 12 s10 on the forth year now.

I'm enjoying the s10 on most surfaces, including bad single lane forest roads. 
The main reason for me to swap to the T7 is weight and handling in gnarly places (an s10 with very worn tkc70 rear ain’t got nothing to do on an all sand motocross track)

Ideally I’d keep the s10 for long bitumen travels with inlays of gravel roads (with or without the missus) and swap for the new one in 22ish (whenever it comes out). 

1 hour ago, Tvileren said:

I’ve not bought a T7 yet (several reasons, but main one being that a baby comes in late summer)....

Congratulations.

• Premium Member

Congratulation on expecting baby. More important than Tenere 700. 

57 minutes ago, X Plane said:

Congratulation on expecting baby. More important than Tenere 700. 

Thanks 😊 

I agree, more important so the T7 is postponed a bit.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Will add more here once I get some kms on the T7 on how the swap was and pros and cons 🙂

Still waiting for the T7 to land in Canada.  Once i get my pre-order I'll ride for a while and then decide if I keep the S10.  I might keep her for the long-slab rides!

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Tvileren said:

And I’m picking up my T7 tomorrow 😁

Another new baby. Congrats. 

On 4/28/2020 at 1:00 AM, X Plane said:

Another new baby. Congrats. 

Thanks 🙂 Hard calculations showed that I actually saved money by selling the s10, paying off some cc impulse buys (bike related old fun of course) and use the rest (or most of it, still need some kit on the t7) for downpayment 😉 

The missus gets a baby, and dad gets a baby even tho someone refers to it as toy 🤣

On 4/28/2020 at 12:56 AM, Petebcca said:

Still waiting for the T7 to land in Canada.  Once i get my pre-order I'll ride for a while and then decide if I keep the S10.  I might keep her for the long-slab rides!

Lets hope you'll be on the list of the first batch 🙂 

Cheers Thomas