Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Noob in NZ

DaveT7

Hi all. Completely new to the adv aspect of biking, having ridden sports and sprots tourers for the best part of 30years.  I've gone all in with a 2021 T7 with a heap of mods already done. Looking forward to it too, as I have friends that are long term adv nuts. I have also recently moved to Otago in New Zealand which has some spectacular places to explore. Cannot wait to get into it....

IMG_4304.jpeg

• Like 2

Welcome, you live in the perfect place for off road adventure.

I was just watching Chris Birch latest video on the KTM riding down a river bed, looked spectacular as do all his NZ videos. 

• Moderators

@DaveT7 Welcome to the forum.  Enjoy the new bike and nice color choice.

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

That Chris Birch video of riding in a riverbed and caves was exciting! 

Yoh welcome.  I travelled for 2 months in New Zealand in 2002 on my DR600. Its a great beautiful country and i liked the kiwis we met. It's in my top 3 countries i travelled.

I guess i need to go back once...

• Like 1