Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Is this paint damage repairable?

Oxxa

The stealership damaged my paint with brake fluid while changing it

see the pic for details

is it fixable? Nothing is getting it off.

i havent tried polishing or such things, i have only tried the usual liquid cleaners

6FEC5648-E93B-40D5-9594-0AD5F7021367.jpeg

• Sad 1

Shouldn't the stealership be liable for that damage?

• Like 1

"What the hell's a 'farkle'? Oh... I... have all the farkles." 😑🤦🏻‍♂️

8 minutes ago, PNGL said:

Shouldn't the stealership be liable for that damage?

Of course they will be. They said “bring it for repairing when you want”, but i doubt they can fix it. Is it fixable or the whole panel should be replaced?

^^^^ They will just replace the panel  ~$150 at retail.  The tech (or better stated, young child) will just get a stern talking to. 

• Haha 2

2006 R1,  2018 XR650L, 2022 T7, 2023 Desert X, 2024 WR450F, 2025 V2 final edition

That’s a matte finish - they’ll just replace that panel as others have said - repair would be dearer than replacing it I’d have thought

• Like 1

I'm actually surprised it attacked the plastic like that though some brake fluids are much harsher than others. Is that the factory finish with no after market coating applied?  

It’s pretty corrosive 

get them to give you the cash and just ride it for now 

Edited by Lewie

21 minutes ago, Windblown said:

I'm actually surprised it attacked the plastic like that though some brake fluids are much harsher than others. Is that the factory finish with no after market coating applied?  

Yes it factory nothing else

37 minutes ago, Toymaster said:

^^^^ They will just replace the panel  ~$150 at retail.  The tech (or better stated, young child) will just get a stern talking to. 

F^*@#%^! kids man. You cant get a single skilled employee to work on your bike at the dealerships. Always the stupid interns. I always work on my bike myself but i needed new  brake pads URGENTLY (see attachment) and then brake fluid why not while i am here and tadaaaam

150EF4A2-95E1-455A-95A1-2C906EF7A521.jpeg

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Lewie said:

That’s a matte finish - they’ll just replace that panel as others have said - repair would be dearer than replacing it I’d have thought

My thinking also

TL;DR version

If damage by brake fluid, it doesn't just take coating off, it corrodes into the material. So they will have to replace the panel/repaint the surface.

As for the brake pad, oh wow...did they put the brake pads in backward from what I am seeing?!?!?!?!?!

It looks like ones worn away to nothing - jammed piston?

Edited by Lewie