Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

USB port not working

Mixy

Hi all,

would greatly appreciate help regarding my USB port. Plugged in the male USB and it’s not working. 

total novice wity fuses but changed over the 10amp “assessories” fuse for a new one but still not working.

any ideas ?? Big trip to Spain on Friday no sat nav !

Pretty sure the outlet on the dash is protected by a 2 amp fuse... check that one.

Edited by Hibobb
  • Like 1

We are all tattooed in our cradles with the beliefs of our tribe

~Oliver Wendell Holmes~

Agreed with above it’s fitted with a low amp fuse… any moisture in usb or overload causes it to blow… mine went on a rainy ride while charging my phone. It’s a micro sized fuse not the old bigger standard size. (Pale clear blue if I remember rightly 2/2.5amp)

wiring is behind side fairing panel and just below clear wind deflector if you want to check the connection

Edited by Dibles

Thanks a million guys.
ye are legends. 

I Can enjoy me evening now, another headache sorted !

its the gray/light blue colour fuse, 2amp as mentioned. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hi,
not clear for me where the fuse is.
Is it behind the right side fairing or is it in the fuse box under the seat?

Thanks a lot

Edited by gmaniglier

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, gmaniglier said:

Hi,
not clear for me where teh fuse is.
Is it behind the right side fairing or is it in the fuse box under the seat?

Thanks a lot

Under the seat, look for a 2 Amp fuse.

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

Hum, it's not the fuse then... it shows continuity with tester...
Wold you recommend checking wiring closer from outlet?

• Moderators

Yes. Starting with the output side of the fuse, check for voltage working toward the outlet. It could be the accessory,  so I'd try that in another USB outlet to eliminate that possibility. 

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

It's a long shot, but try swapping out the fuse.  I had a couple of fuses that tested OK with a meter but did not conduct on the bike when running. I could not see anything wrong with them visually, so it must have been a crack that opened with vibration. 

Edited by Hollybrook

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Hollybrook said:

It's a long shot, but try swapping out the fuse.  I had a couple of fuses that tested OK with a meter but did not conduct on the bike when running. I could not see anything wrong with them visually, so it must have been a crack that opened with vibration. 

Agreed. I've experienced that before and I should've mentioned it initially. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

In the end, unit was faulty, I installed a double USB + voltmeter for 20 Euros, instead of the 185 USD yamaha replacment unit :-)