Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

sargent seat

LDDave

Question

Anyone have a Sargent seat on their T7 and what are your thoughts on it? 

8 answers to this question

Love mine. I just got from a 3k mile trip yesterday. It is pretty firm but comfortable.

I had one on an 800GS and liked it. I have a Seat Concept on my T700 and a DRZ400 and I think I like them a little better. 

I have had Sergeant seats on two other bikes so it was a shoe in for the T7, the OEM resembles a thinly upholstered lump of 4''x 2'' so a trip to Coventry a round trip of 300 miles proved to be OK  it might need a gel insert but i need more miles to get used to it first.

I just bought an FJ09 and haven’t been able to ride it yet, but sitting on the Sargent seat pretending to ride it in the garage has me edging closer to getting one for the T7.  I suppose I should actually ride the FJ before making that decision. 

I tried one on my T7 out of curiosity, as a Seat Concepts made my butt go numb within 30 miles and Sargents have worked OK for me on a couple of other bikes.

I like that I can move back and forth on the OEM seat, and although I liked the Sargent otherwise it felt like there was just one spot I was supposed to sit in and moving from that spot wasn't anywhere I wanted to sit very long.

Decided it wasn't for me and sold it onward.

I ordered a Sargent for my T700, the fit was poor (crease up the middle of the seating are) and I returned it for a full refund, from the UK distributor

Pity as I love the Sargent seats on both my GS's and sadly it wasn't to be for my T700

I now use a CoolCover and an Airhawk seat pad on my T700 and the comfort is better for roadtrips

Thanks for the replies , ordering seat from them today .

Interesting, I ordered one of their seats yesterday. I got a Yamaha Rally Seat for my 2022 and like it for off pavement a lot but on long road rides it's not a comfort improvement over stock. Seat reviews are all over the map so I decided to try the Sargent, I like the idea of a pan style seat just for long road rides. Here's hoping we get lucky and love these seats!