Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Kawasaki KLX 700 on the way?

PNWTEN

• Premium Member

Kawasaki won't be as refined as the Yamaha.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Still waiting to see how Honda fills this gap. Hopefully something closer to a CRF450L than an Africa Twin 800. 

Edited by tenerecanada
  • Like 1

Riding footage: www.instagram.com/beefmoto

Message me if you are close - let's go riding!

1 hour ago, tenerecanada said:

Still waiting to see how Honda fills this gap. Hopefully something closer to a CRF450L than an Africa Twin 800. 

The CRF 450L  is a great dual sport bike already. Maybe they could add a small fairing, but then again those break easily off road. 

The emissions on that bike really choke the engine up and rob some serious power.   

• Premium Member

From a dealers head mechanic that just returned from training at Kawasaki. He couldn’t get actual  confirmation just a “wink and a smile”😏

• Premium Member
On 2/5/2020 at 12:01 PM, cabby said:

That will sell in its dozens 😂

Zero days waiting list ☺️

• 3 months later...
On 2/4/2020 at 7:17 PM, Cruizin said:

The CRF 450L  is a great dual sport bike already. Maybe they could add a small fairing, 

Not sure it is actually a dual sport as its rubbish on the road, very limited fuel capacity, oil changes every 600 miles, hard seat etc etc

great for green laning tho!

True true. I guess in my mind, a dual sport is closer to a dirt bike , which often has smaller range and shorter oil change intervals and around the 300 lb mark.

Whereas Adv bikes are built for more comfort and longer range and maintenance intervals. With more weight. 

Those photoshop pics have been circulated before. Still no sightings of a physical test bike or concept or prototype. Maybe an "adventured" Versys is coming. Spoked wheels, off-road ABS?

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, Matth said:

Not sure it is actually a dual sport as its rubbish on the road, very limited fuel capacity, oil changes every 600 miles, hard seat etc etc

great for green laning tho!

My definition of a dual sport right there! You can stretch out the maintenance intervals quite a bit if you are 'green laning', but there is something to be said about a bike that is meant to be thrown down more aggressive trails and ridden hard. I picture the Tenere as more of a green lane bike, but then again I haven't been to the UK and can only compare our standard forest access road/dirt roads here in Canada - which are doable with street tires on any bike with some ground clearance if you are in your comfort zone.

• Like 1

You must have some incredible tracks and trails over there, stunning country and your really lucky just to disappear into the wilderness, over here unless your rural we have to endure motorways and minor roads to get anywhere decent !!

• Like 1

• Moderators

Yeah I am truly blessed to be able to use huge swaths of crown land as I please. I have been reading up on land use issues in the states as well - many areas aren't as fortunate and have to deal with private property right of ways, gates, and a general dislike to 'noisy' dirtbikes. So much so that even in states like Maine, land usage is restricted only to motorcycles, as ATVs and side by sides can make full use of their trail systems. I am looking forward to sharing some photos and video soon - after 8 long months tomorrow is the day I finally climb up on the Tenere and say "F### this is tall, I really should have ordered the low seat."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To be fair its happening here as well and now the walkers are attacking ebikes as well, looking forward to seeing some pics!

• Like 1

Don’t worry TC, I am 5‘9” With a 30 inch inseam and I manage just fine. Shift weight a little bit and you will be fine. 👍👍

• Like 1