Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Side Panel Replacement Question

Hollybrook

I damaged one of my side panels and want to order a replacement.  Has anyone else ordered one in the USA that could answer a question about the replacement part?

Do all the miscellaneous pieces come with it?

• Decals?
  • Emblem?
  • Foam (i.e. damper plate on parts diagram)?
  • Clamp (for cable)?

The decals are obviously the most important thing on this list.

I am also going to do some repair work on the damaged panel so I can use it for more difficult off-road trips.

I scratched one of mine (white ) and luckily managed to find a good used one on eBay - when I was researching I think I’m correct saying it comes totally bare and you have to add everything 

btw I’m in the UK - it was I’m sure around £100 for the panel - you could reuse the badge clip and foam but you’d need to buy the decals 

hope this helps

Edited by Lewie

6 minutes ago, Hollybrook said:

I destroyed my emblem. 😥

Just careless 😂

• Like 1

• Members

The panel comes with just the panel.  Any emblems, decals, mounting hardware, or foam are not included.  As the previous poster said, better to get one from eBay.  If it has a part# on the diagram, it's sold separately.

• Like 1

Unfortunately for me, I haven't seen any crash bars that would have avoided the damage that I did.  Mine did a great job protecting the engine and radiator, but not the top of the panel and the tank.

If only Yamaha had put dirt bike plastics on this bike.  I find their choice strange on a bike that they obviously worked hard to make off road capable.

My 2023 was damaged in shipping, and one of the pieces that needed to be replaced was the side panel. I can confirm it's just the panel, the emblem, decal, badge, clip, etc, was all individual parts.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info!  New panel, emblem and decals ordered.  I will patch up the old one to ride in the meantime.

3 hours ago, Hollybrook said:

Unfortunately for me, I haven't seen any crash bars that would have avoided the damage that I did.  Mine did a great job protecting the engine and radiator, but not the top of the panel and the tank.

If only Yamaha had put dirt bike plastics on this bike.  I find their choice strange on a bike that they obviously worked hard to make off road capable.

something like these?

1F09C54A-2B15-4CD1-A43B-6D1D774FBD53.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hollybrook said:

Thanks for the info!  New panel, emblem and decals ordered.  I will patch up the old one to ride in the meantime.

Drywall mesh tape helped out a lot to hold things together while epoxying some bigger cracks, plus adds some reinforcement...

71d2lSjZwAL._SL1500_.jpg.3f9173757ec9ac86eaf18c12f678e165.jpg

7 hours ago, Hollybrook said:

I destroyed my emblem. 😥

I'd like to find a place that makes custom emblems and put something else here. Not sure what though.

• Thanks 1

advgoats.com

12 minutes ago, random1781 said:

Drywall mesh tape helped out a lot to hold things together while epoxying some bigger cracks, plus adds some reinforcement...

71d2lSjZwAL._SL1500_.jpg.3f9173757ec9ac86eaf18c12f678e165.jpg

I'd like to find a place that makes custom emblems and put something else here. Not sure what though.

There is a place that makes them. 
I know there are people that have replaced them with custom ones. 
Id have to look on the Goldwing forum as that where I’ve seen it. The T7 and new GW’s have the same type of emblem. 
Next time I’m in the garage I’ll measure them and see if they’re the same diameter. 

• Like 1

@DanDoesStunts I suspect that set of bars would have been impaled into my tank in this particular crash.  I wasn't going that fast but it was an abrupt highside on packed dirt and rocks.