Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Twalcom Dash Compatible Handguards

PNGL

The title pretty much says it all. I just got in my dash conversion kit AND my Protaper Evo Adv bars. I'll be putting both on my bike, probably tomorrow after work. My question is, can anyone tell me for sure which brands/models of handguards will fit without slamming into my dash or Zumo at full lock either direction? I'm really wanting to order the HDB Ultimates but I don't think they will clear. I also like the look of the Acerbis X-Factor guards, but they also look to protrude a bit too much...
Wish I would have thought of this issue before I ordered the spiffy dash conversion. 😑🤦🏻‍♂️

"What the hell's a 'farkle'? Oh... I... have all the farkles." 😑🤦🏻‍♂️

• 3 weeks later...

I'm waiting for my kit to arrive , hopefully it's at my house when i arrive home from this work trip, I have the Evo adv bars and barkbusters so I will give you a fitment report when i get it installed.

I have the Pro Taper Adv Low handle that I use in combination with the BarkBuster guards. It does require the use of 27-28mm saddles from Barkbuster. But then again I have the stock setup and not the 😍 Twalcom. However, the Pro Taper Evo Low setup does mean that the front brake hose & accelerator cables do touch the right hand corner of the stock setup. 

Looking at Twalcom online, and how broad the dash + whatever GPS setup you end up with is, it does look like handguards will touch irrespective of what you install.

Maybe smaller single-point ones from Acerbis might be an option that could work.

In saying that, the handbars on my bike are set slightly forward instead of inline with the front fork, so how forward a position you setup the handle bar could also influence the touching.

• Like 1

Meet BigBlu - 2022 Tenere 700 | Yamaha OEM chain guide | Yamaha OEM crash guard | Givi Rear luggage rack | Givi BN42 top box | Black Widow 300mm Hexagonal exhaust | Acerbis High Fender | Windscreen risers | ProTaper Evo low handlebar | Oxford Integrated heated grips | Upshift Retro Speedblock Blue graphic kit | QuadLock wireless charger | BarkBuster Storm Handguards | Mitas E07+ rear tyre | Shinko E804 front tyre | MotoMount Radar screamer & LED visual alert | Custom half tail tidy kit |

My X-Factors did hit the OEM dash, I've flipped the OEM bar riser which moved the bars maybe 10mm (probably less) towards the dash. Noticed it too late and now my dash has one-of-a-kind "engravings".

I'm using a combination of the stock BarkBusters mounts and additional BarkBuster mounts

20230507_204416.jpg.87b929e8c3f95726f720ceab2dcbdb6d.jpg

20230507_204432.jpg.9e6fbc403addd28591082f537cd274b2.jpg

On 4/13/2023 at 11:40 AM, PNGL said:

The title pretty much says it all. I just got in my dash conversion kit AND my Protaper Evo Adv bars. I'll be putting both on my bike, probably tomorrow after work. My question is, can anyone tell me for sure which brands/models of handguards will fit without slamming into my dash or Zumo at full lock either direction? I'm really wanting to order the HDB Ultimates but I don't think they will clear. I also like the look of the Acerbis X-Factor guards, but they also look to protrude a bit too much...
Wish I would have thought of this issue before I ordered the spiffy dash conversion. 😑🤦🏻‍♂️

HDB + Renthal KTM Low with the bar mounts flipped forward and the guards barely impact the display (OEM mount) at full lock, but there's enough give that it doesn't bother me. HDB + Renthal KTM High doesn't hit it at all. Not really the exact same combo, but it might help. I had looked at the Twalcom before, and I think it would probably come down to the angle that the dash is at. If it was more vertical, that would help out. Twalcom does have the advantage of omitting the OEM bracket that the display actually mounts to, which is something like 2" thick.

advgoats.com