Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

Exhaust Weight Saga

ninot7

Been doing some calculations in order to balance my soft bags left and right weight wise. I have taken the weight of the exhaust (circa 5kg) extra on the right and added that to my left bag down below, which made me think. Is the bike actually unbalanced left and right? Or does it come balanced from factory (ecu and expansion tank etc on the other side)? Am not overthinking it and i know regardless those weights are negligible, however just curious....

Never thought about this. I pack my bags more or less with the same weight.

But on left side is the chain, i guess the bike is balanced.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BikeBrother said:

Never thought about this. I pack my bags more or less with the same weight.

But on left side is the chain, i guess the bike is balanced.

damn. another thing i havent thought of! LOL

• Haha 1

There probably is a slight imbalance left to right but it’s pretty static. Your movements on the bike will have much more effect. Stand the bike upright and it will stay pretty stable, then imagine hanging of it.

• Like 1

The bike is not balanced and i also think about my packing but not by measuring or weighing.
It's not much but with my daypack setup (MM R40)i have my tools on the left.
At first i had it right so my lunchbox was not on the exhaust side but when i take the hands of the bars it pulls to the right and with the tools left it go's straight.
It's not noticeable when riding but in a balance situation it might be just enough.

• Like 2