Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

New guy

barlows

Hey guys, Happy Thursday from the Pacific Northwest!

Just picked up a blue '23 this afternoon.  Too soon to have too much of an opinion of it, just from the ride home.  But it sure feels like a big dirt bike.  I'm looking forward to all the things you do with a new bike.

Off to look through all the knowledge here.  Thanks to those who've come before!

/Steve

• Like 4

1 hour ago, barlows said:

Hey guys, Happy Thursday from the Pacific Northwest!

Just picked up a blue '23 this afternoon.  Too soon to have too much of an opinion of it, just from the ride home.  But it sure feels like a big dirt bike.  I'm looking forward to all the things you do with a new bike.

Off to look through all the knowledge here.  Thanks to those who've come before!

/Steve

Welcome!  And congrats on the bike. What part of the PNW?

• Moderators

Welcome from AZ.

• Like 1

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" Oliver Wendell Holmes - Mods - HDB handguards, Camel-ADV Gut guard, 1 finger clutch, The Fix pedal & Rally pipe, RR side/tail rack, RR 90nm spring & Headlight guard, Rally seat, OEM heated grips- stablemate Beta 520RS

34 minutes ago, barlows said:

Thanks! Puyallup, Wa. 

Cool.  You're close to the trails down near Greenwater that I'd like to explore more.  Only one quick ride through there a few years ago.

14 hours ago, Zero600 said:

Cool.  You're close to the trails down near Greenwater that I'd like to explore more.  Only one quick ride through there a few years ago.

I think you're talking about FS70?  I've only been up there once myself.  Hit me up if you wanna head out there as we get some snow melt!

We rode Stampede Pass, FS52 down from I90, connecting to FS70 and exiting out to HW410.  Gaia shows a lot of trails in that area but I've not explored them.  Let's hope that snow melts soon, and put out the call on the PNW T7 Riders club section if/when you're thinking about an outing.