Yamaha Tenere 700 Forum

WORLD RAID RECALL issued. Fuel leak risk.

ninot7

Yam issued a recall for the right hand side fuel solenoid as few cases of spontaneous cracks in fuel lines caused the tank to dump it's fuel. Has anybody here experienced this? This is the World Raid model only.. 

No photo description available.

Got the letter yesterday, haven’t had any fuel leaks, I got it last july. 

Edited by Alf Meister

Haven't got the letter, but going by the dealership in two weeks. I've had no issues, but I'll ask.

Hi 

I pick mine up in 2 weeks from the dealership . I would like them to do the recall before I pick it up. 
would that be possible?.

8 minutes ago, Stormtrooperx7 said:

Hi 

I pick mine up in 2 weeks from the dealership . I would like them to do the recall before I pick it up. 
would that be possible?.

Call them and tell them about the recall and you want your bike to be corrected prior to delivery. They should only say sure thing. Sometimes dealers find out about this stuff AFTER the world/internet, so would be good to have a copy of the recall to reference if they say anything other than will do-

Yes thanks for your advice, I have taken a screenshot and hopefully it’s not a big job as don’t really like like a new bike been taken apart before I have ridden it. 
👍

1 hour ago, Stormtrooperx7 said:

Yes thanks for your advice, I have taken a screenshot and hopefully it’s not a big job as don’t really like like a new bike been taken apart before I have ridden it. 
👍

For all we know our "brand new" bikes have been stripped to the frame at the dealer during  PDI for a whole number of reasons including new engine, if it's found to be faulty.

I wouldn't worry about a solenoid being replaced  🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stormtrooperx7 said:

👍

Its not a big job, especially if its had sfa fuel put in the tank. Dont worry, just ask (give them plenty of notice before you are due to collect it) and enjoy your new awesome WR 😀.

Thanks for all your support I know you’re right, I  had a bmw f800 GS for 8 years . Just sold it to it to get my first Yamaha I know there fantastic bikes I have spent the last 6/7 months doing my research . Just did not expect a recall before I have picked up a new bike. Sure it will be fine 
thanks guys 🤘

All sorted thanks they knew about the recall and it will be rectified before I pick up the bike. Thanks a lot guys for the heads up🤘🤘